XML file to Import into a table column

• I currently have an xml file that I import into multiple tables using the xml source. That is working fine. I need to also store the actual xml itself in a column in another table. What is the best way to import the xml data into a column. It doesn't need to be stored as xml I just need to be able to refer back to it in case I run into a problem in the future.

I have tried multiple ways using data flow tasks to import the data but I get over flow errors since I can't seem to choose varchar(max) as the source data type. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

• pamozer (2/18/2011)

I currently have an xml file that I import into multiple tables using the xml source. That is working fine. I need to also store the actual xml itself in a column in another table. What is the best way to import the xml data into a column. It doesn't need to be stored as xml I just need to be able to refer back to it in case I run into a problem in the future.

I have tried multiple ways using data flow tasks to import the data but I get over flow errors since I can't seem to choose varchar(max) as the source data type. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Use the standard Import Column transformation.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply