xp_sendmail procedure

• i am using sql server 2005 express edition. i dont have 'xp_sendmail' procedure...where to get this??? is it free?? how to incorporate this in my sql server 2005.

help me...

• Express edition does not support SQL mail

"Keep Trying"

• Hi,

xp_smtp_sendmail was an extended stored procedure which was sending the mails using an external component. Now that SQL server 2005 has its own components for sending the mails, it is not supporting the xp_smtp_sendmail xtended stored procedure. So you need to create database mail profiles and use that for sending the mails and I found it much easier also to set up a database mail profile.

Regards,

Prakash.P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• sir,

how to send mail through database mail?? can i attach files???

if so pls help me....... tell me step by step....i will do it...

• You can find manual to enable and configure database-mail in BOL.

Basicly it comes down to:

1) On the SQL server: Enable 'SQL Mail' using the 'SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration'

2) Assign the DatabaseMailUser Role to the users that are going to use it

3) Setup mail using the wizard (from ObjectExplorer - Management - Database Mail)

and if you want to use it for notification for SQL Agent jobs:

4) Create operators (from SSMS - SQL Server Agent - Operators)

5) Enable SQL Server Agent to use Database Mail (see properties; require restart of service)

Success!!

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **
  • is this possible in sql server 2005 express edition???

i tried but i didnt find any database mail option anywhere in my configuration settings..

• No, Database Mail is not available in SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.

** Don't mistake the ‘stupidity of the crowd’ for the ‘wisdom of the group’! **
  • ok 🙁

is there any way to send the mail with attachment using sql 2005 express edition???

if u find so..explain me..

• There isn't. You'll have to either create your own way, or upgrade to a higher license of SQL Server, or buy something that does this.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply