XQuery

• Hi all

I have a XML

'<_ xmlns="urn:reval-com:rxoap" class="ZeroCurve.CResetTrades" method="resetTradesHistorical" Async="">

<_Ctrl>

<UserSysId>1</UserSysId>

<CompanySysId>1</CompanySysId>

<ConKey>01</ConKey>

<CategoryCVid>2</CategoryCVid>

<TypeCVid>4</TypeCVid>

<Description>29-Sep-2010 14:45:40 as of 23-Aug-2010 for Index NZD-BBR-FRA for Tenor 1M,2M,3M,4M,5M,6M</Description>

<PassJobId />

<Email xmlns="urn:reval-com:Static" SuppressAutoEmail="0">RevalAdmin@reval.com</Email>

<Message>

<Operation>Reset Trades Historical_</Operation>

<Description />

<_>_has been completed.\</_>

<_>\</_>

<Parameters>

<_ />

</Parameters>

</Message>

</_Ctrl>

<UsrData>

<UserSysId>1</UserSysId>

<CompanySysId>1</CompanySysId>

<ConKey>01</ConKey>

</UsrData>

<_ />

<_ />

<_ />

<_ />

<_>2010-08-23</_>

<_>10</_>

<_>1M,2M,3M,4M,5M,6M</_>

<_>29-Sep-2010 14:45:40 as of 23-Aug-2010 for Index NZD-BBR-FRA for Tenor 1M,2M,3M,4M,5M,6M</_>

</_>'

and need to update Date '2010-08-23' update with '2010-08-24' all all referance to this Date (23-Aug-2010 with 24-Aug-2010)

and <ConKey>01</ConKey> with <ConKey>02</ConKey>

i need to do this because I have to ran this for 90 days (I have date list in a table)

Thanks for your help

Jagat

• A simple way is to simply CAST () your xml as VARCHAR(MAX) and then use the REPLACE() function to make the substitutions you want.

declare @xml xml = 'your example above'

select @xml

select @xml = REPLACE(cast(@xml as varchar(max)),'<ConKey>01<','<ConKey>02<')

select cast(@xml as xml)

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• yes but how about dates

• Dates in XML are just character strings. Everything in XML is just a character string.

replace(@XML,'23-Aug-2010','24-Aug-2010')

replace(@XML,'2010-08-23','2010-08-24')

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply