Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

I might know of an opportunity, where are you now?

Good old Chicago. There are a few things here, mainly consulting, but not a lot at the moment. And I, personally, am not looking for a 3 month gig and then have to go through it all again. Some stability would be nice - especially with a family to feed, house, school, etc. Relocation would be considered.

-Edit: Kilts will not be considered!

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• tosscrosby (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

I might know of an opportunity, where are you now?

Good old Chicago. There are a few things here, mainly consulting, but not a lot at the moment. And I, personally, am not looking for a 3 month gig and then have to go through it all again. Some stability would be nice - especially with a family to feed, house, school, etc. Relocation would be considered.

-Edit: Kilts will not be considered!

PM me your email address, I'll send you a contact when I get home this evening.

• A gauntlet has been thrown down. Am I up to challenge? We shall see.

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

A gauntlet has been thrown down. Am I up to challenge? We shall see.

Was that a latex gauntlet or a chain mail gauntlet?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

My money is that you can do it! I did all my ET of the ETL in unix way back in the day and the L part to sql server. I'll be interested in following this one. Good Luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Paul White NZ (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Grant Fritchey (5/5/2010)

Make sure you've got your kilts in order gentlemen. Kilt Wednesday at the PASS Summit is going to be a happenning event this year.

First, not currently planning on attending PASS, can't afford it.

Yep it's not in a convenient or cheap to get to location for many of us 🙁

Still, means I save on a kilt.

Kinda sad though cos Jonathan Kehayias invited me to co-present with him at PASS, which would have been 😎

I'm just a two-day drive from there and I have friends there I could stay with that would help with the cost of the hotel, just can't afford to go at the moment.

Submit a session. Worst that'll happen is they say no.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

He does seem completely certain that there is no possible solution. I'd hesitate to say that about much around here.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Paul White NZ (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Make sure you've got your kilts in order gentlemen. Kilt Wednesday at the PASS Summit is going to be a happenning event this year.

Kinda sad though cos Jonathan Kehayias invited me to co-present with him at PASS, which would have been 😎

I'm just a two-day drive from there and I have friends there I could stay with that would help with the cost of the hotel, just can't afford to go at the moment.

Since you submitted so many - maybe you could lend out a few;-)

Trying to figure out a session to submit is almost as bad as trying to figure out what to write for an article. No - just as bad. I would place it right there with the daunting task of writing an abstract for the Standard. Writing the article after the abstract is selected is a little easier.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Paul White NZ (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Since you submitted so many - maybe you could lend out a few;-)

Trying to figure out a session to submit is almost as bad as trying to figure out what to write for an article. No - just as bad. I would place it right there with the daunting task of writing an abstract for the Standard. Writing the article after the abstract is selected is a little easier.

I only submitted four and I'm only going to submit four. Someone last year submitted more than eight. Most people, even names like Kimberly Tripp, submit at least two.

• CirquedeSQLeil (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

First, not currently planning on attending PASS, can't afford it. Second, I only wear shorts out on the soccer pitch, what makes you think I'd wear a kilt?

What if you were given a free pass to PASS?

Would you on a train, in a plane?

If you are refering to what we discussed privately yesterday, if (and that is a big IF) it happened, I'd go.

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Ooo! I came over all creative and posted a solution! :w00t:

Time for a lie down after that one.

edit: added link

• Grant Fritchey (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Paul White NZ (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

If they say yes, I still have to get there, and even staying with friends, may not be able to afford it.

• Anyone fancy mind-dumping there entire sql knowledge into a few threads :rolleyes:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic916801-1292-1.aspx

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic916751-1292-1.aspx

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Paul White NZ (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

If they say yes, I still have to get there, and even staying with friends, may not be able to afford it.

I get it. There are just people, you're in the list, that I want to see there, that's all.

• Dave Ballantyne (5/6/2010)

Anyone fancy mind-dumping there entire sql knowledge into a few threads :rolleyes:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic916801-1292-1.aspx

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic916751-1292-1.aspx

I could try to attach my whole SQL knowledge to that thread, it shouldn't exceed 3 Mb. 😛

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 15 posts - 15,106 through 15,120 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply