IO don't think so.

Compared to what you wrote, I have to agree with myself, I was short. 😛

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (5/5/2010)

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Just a little short I may have been.

IO don't think so.

Compared to what you wrote, I have to agree with myself, I was short. 😛

And all I was trying to do was reinforce what you wrote.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (5/5/2010)

That's known as the royal "suck up" around here! :w00t:

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• tosscrosby (5/5/2010)

Geez thanks

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (5/5/2010)

tosscrosby (5/5/2010)

Geez thanks

Just kidding - kind of! A bummer of a day. I helped someone out in another department, accurately showing him where and what the code was lacking, thinking I'm doing the company a favor. My boss stated "if I'm CC'd on an email, I don't have to respond" and "do I want the responsibility of helping this team??". Hey, we all work for the same company! If clients are not properly serviced per their contract, they can easily hire a different provider and the company winds up earning less as a result - leading to potential downsizing of personnel or bonuses!! I guess maybe I'm supposed to be reactive as opposed to proactive. Geez, and it took me all of five minutes to help a co-worker (even though he IS in another department, but still under the IT umbrella). Methinks egos get in the way around here way, way too often. I helped another team while waiting for a pot of coffee to brew - shoot me! So help me, if the market were a little better, I would have flipped him the bird, ranted about the insanity around here during an exit interview and walked away. Anyone looking for a used model DBA/developer, tires going bald, been around the block a few times but has plenty of mileage left due to regular maintenance?? Not quite antique but not quite new either??

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• tosscrosby (5/5/2010)

tosscrosby (5/5/2010)

Geez thanks

Just kidding - kind of! A bummer of a day. I helped someone out in another department, accurately showing him where and what the code was lacking, thinking I'm doing the company a favor. My boss stated "if I'm CC'd on an email, I don't have to respond" and "do I want the responsibility of helping this team??". Hey, we all work for the same company! If clients are not properly serviced per their contract, they can easily hire a different provider and the company winds up earning less as a result - leading to potential downsizing of personnel or bonuses!! I guess maybe I'm supposed to be reactive as opposed to proactive. Geez, and it took me all of five minutes to help a co-worker (even though he IS in another department, but still under the IT umbrella). Methinks egos get in the way around here way, way too often. I helped another team while waiting for a pot of coffee to brew - shoot me! So help me, if the market were a little better, I would have flipped him the bird, ranted about the insanity around here during an exit interview and walked away. Anyone looking for a used model DBA/developer, tires going bald, been around the block a few times but has plenty of mileage left due to regular maintenance?? Not quite antique but not quite new either??

I might know of an opportunity, where are you now?

• tosscrosby (5/5/2010)

A bummer of a day...

Sounds all too familiar. Work sucks - and almost everywhere is the same, eventually.

Have I cheered you up at all? 😀

• Paul White NZ (5/5/2010)

tosscrosby (5/5/2010)

A bummer of a day...

Sounds all too familiar. Work sucks - and almost everywhere is the same, eventually.

Have I cheered you up at all? 😀

Not really, makes thinking about a change not worth it. 😉

Hey Wayne,

How come your 2008 server is still at RTM? You're missing some pretty important fixes :crying:

:blush: it's the dev edition on my work laptop..... we're not on 2008 here yet, and I hadn't noticed it since WUS keeps everything updated... but since we're going to 2008 in about a month, I guess I better get on the ball!

Thanks for the heads-up on this!

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Make sure you've got your kilts in order gentlemen. Kilt Wednesday at the PASS Summit is going to be a happenning event this year.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (5/5/2010)

Make sure you've got your kilts in order gentlemen. Kilt Wednesday at the PASS Summit is going to be a happenning event this year.

First, not currently planning on attending PASS, can't afford it. Second, I only wear shorts out on the soccer pitch, what makes you think I'd wear a kilt?

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Grant Fritchey (5/5/2010)

Make sure you've got your kilts in order gentlemen. Kilt Wednesday at the PASS Summit is going to be a happenning event this year.

First, not currently planning on attending PASS, can't afford it.

Yep it's not in a convenient or cheap to get to location for many of us 🙁

Still, means I save on a kilt.

Kinda sad though cos Jonathan Kehayias invited me to co-present with him at PASS, which would have been 😎

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

Kinda sad though cos Jonathan Kehayias invited me to co-present with him at PASS, which would have been 😎

I'm just a two-day drive from there and I have friends there I could stay with that would help with the cost of the hotel, just can't afford to go at the moment.

• Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

First, not currently planning on attending PASS, can't afford it. Second, I only wear shorts out on the soccer pitch, what makes you think I'd wear a kilt?

What if you were given a free pass to PASS?

Would you on a train, in a plane?

Learn Extended Events

Lynn Pettis (5/5/2010)

You guys could have done your twitter presentation 😉

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 15,091 through 15,105 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply