Are the posted questions getting worse?

• [font="Verdana"]

URGENT URGENT URGENT! Where do I find a handle on a door? What is my security code? Do I leave the door open, or close it?

Now we know why his working at the White House is past tense...

[/font]

• Bruce W Cassidy (2/19/2009)

[font="Verdana"]

URGENT URGENT URGENT! Where do I find a handle on a door? What is my security code? Do I leave the door open, or close it?

Now we know why his working at the White House is past tense...

[/font]

Oh geez, I just had a 7-11 Flash back. At one of the stores I worked at we had this one clerk, she was really good at cleaning things, but don't let her near the register. I came in one night for 3rd shift (9 PM - 5 AM), $60 in $5 bills, $61 in $1 bills, the quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies were almost overflowing. It took me over 2 hours to get the register under the $30 dollar limit (actually ran a much lighter til than that, usually around $10 total). All the store manager could do was laugh. I was P****D.

• Bruce W Cassidy (2/19/2009)

[font="Verdana"]Wait, isn't it Jack? Then he can ring Microsoft and say "I don't know Jack, and I can't find Jack."[/font]

Wait, I'm right here. I'm not that hard to find.

I always thought it was Bruce because it was Master Bruce, not Master Alfred.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• GilaMonster (2/19/2009)

Bruce W Cassidy (2/19/2009)

GSquared (2/19/2009)Nobody knows everything about SQL.

[font="Verdana"]...except for Gail. :D[/font]

Nope. There's several areas I know little about, have very little interest in and don't post about.

What, not like he's asking how to write a database to support a nuclear reactor system.

• Steve Jones - Editor (2/19/2009)

And after lunch, I'm lost again in this thread.

Sort of like the TV series, Lost.

• Or like American Idol. Too many think they're better than they are.

Oh god!!!! Picture Simon as a SQL guru answering these posts.

:w00t:

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• What, not like he's asking how to write a database to support a nuclear reactor system.

You just HOPE he isn't.

So, Gail has already wisely decided to ignore the OP. Are you and Grant still having fun?

Don't the questions "How do I cut and paste?" "How do I copy my Create script?" make you go hmmmmm?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• sometimes I'm afraid people are writing something like that and we're helping them!

I just hope if it's anything involving people's lives or money that there's a code review.

• Alvin Ramard (2/19/2009)

Or like American Idol. Too many think they're better than they are.

Oh god!!!! Picture Simon as a SQL guru answering these posts.

:w00t:

This site is too professional for that, plus Steve would remove them.

Some of the other sites however .....

• Should I help him find the name of the master database?

use master

go

select name from sys.databases

where name = 'master'

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Bob Hovious (2/19/2009)

What, not like he's asking how to write a database to support a nuclear reactor system.

You just HOPE he isn't.

So, Gail has already wisely decided to ignore the OP. Are you and Grant still having fun?

Don't the questions "How do I cut and paste?" "How do I copy my Create script?" make you go hmmmmm?

Yes, do that they do. Answered those I have not. Notice now, still no reply to question asked last. Cut and paste mastered he has not.

• [font="Verdana"]Should we add that to our list of DBA interview questions?

"What is the name of the master database?"

[/font]

• Alvin Ramard (2/19/2009)

Should I help him find the name of the master database?

use master

go

where name = 'master'

Urgent urgent, it returned master, but what is the name of the master databasse???

• Lynn Pettis (2/19/2009)

Alvin Ramard (2/19/2009)

Should I help him find the name of the master database?

use master

go

where name = 'master'

Urgent urgent, it returned master, but what is the name of the master databasse???

Oops, should I have written:

Select name as [Name of MASTER Database] ?

😉

Alvin Ramard

• Dear SQL Experts,

I am having problem with machinery controlled by SQL database. Rest of staff ran from room and supervisor shouted "You're in charge" as he shut outer blast door. This problem with reactor happen once in while. Old DBA had command he issued from DOS prompt to pirated copy of DB2 used to control coolant valve. COuld please give me syntax for update statement necessary to open valve? Please forgive not so good english. Difficult to concentrate with red phone ringing off hook.

Also, will melted wire give problems with connectivity?

And then again, I might be wrong ...
    David Webb

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply