Are the posted questions getting worse?

• We are out of hand. We insist we are not in-hand.

• Heh... see? 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• The Thread (2/23/2009)

We are out of hand. We insist we are not in-hand.

Don't you mean that you (The Thread) are out of hand?

🙂

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (2/23/2009)

The Thread (2/23/2009)

We are out of hand. We insist we are not in-hand.

Don't you mean that you (The Thread) are out of hand?

🙂

If you look at The Thread's prior posts, it's either using a royal-we, or schizo. Or maybe both.

Edit: Uh oh! I just realized I called "The Thread" "it"....

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (2/23/2009)

How else would you refer to The Thread? We do not the gender of The Thread. I would consider to be like The Borg so you would have to use "it" wouldn't you?

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (2/23/2009)

GSquared (2/23/2009)

How else would you refer to The Thread? We do not the gender of The Thread. I would consider to be like The Borg so you would have to use "it" wouldn't you?

The Thread is like the Borg?

Does that mean that resistance is futile and we're going to be assimilated?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Jack Corbett (2/23/2009)

GSquared (2/23/2009)

"He" is the generic pronoun for cases of unknown gender for a person or animal in English. (Yeah, I used to be a professional editor.) Yeah, that's kind of insulting if you think about it too much, but it is the standard rule. On the other hand, if I'm assuming The Thread is an object (meaning anything other than a person or animal in this case), then "it" would be the correct pronoun. That means I'm writing as if "The Thread" were real.

If anyone finds me curled up in a corner, worrying about my microwave being out to get me, or my toaster having a vendetta against the blender, just ... well ... whatever. 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• The Thread is like the Borg?

Heh... no... it's more like the "bored". 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (2/23/2009)

Heh... no... it's more like the "bored". 😛

I actually ran into a business card one day that claimed the owner of the card was a member of "Bored of Directors" for the company. He couldn't understand why I had trouble not giggling at it.

Property of The Thread

Jack Corbett (2/23/2009)

GSquared (2/23/2009)

I'm not sure I'd use a simile in that sentence.

The Thread IS the Borg.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Jack Corbett (2/23/2009)

GSquared (2/23/2009)

You are posting on us. You have already been assimilated and are part of us. We do not remember you resisting at all.

• How many times can The Thread post within itself before it hits recursion limit problems, is what I'd like to know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bite-sized fiction (with added teeth) [/url]

• The Thread is also a little bit Skynet!

Maybe it/ he will transform in to every scifi computer system/ cyborb...

So long as it does kill the rest of the crew, sorry posters!

Can I just say that JosephTran2002 from the White House scares me. Maybe he just means a house that is white :w00t:

Also,

Dune - the movie is good, but is a pale imatation of the book.

The mini series was very good and I hope they make the rest.

Not sure about the Dune books writen by his son though.

Never played D&D - must have missed out somewhere!

Rodders...

• If the Thread is Skynet, I'm a lot more afraid of this than I am some silly anthropomorphic robot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RQ-4_Global_Hawk

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• OK, upped the PM count to 200. I assume most people don't keep that many, but this should help Mr Moden at least 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply