Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GilaMonster (2/23/2009)

Max (2/23/2009)

Gail, commiserations re Telkom. I've got a moderate package for a tech fiend: unlimited 16down and l.5up for Β£15pm, life is tough in the UK, no? πŸ˜›

:crying:

Not everywhere in the UK's great. I live out in the country and for Β£15/mth currently have 2M/256k with a 2Gb cap before it gets expensive.

Also due (I think) to a dodgy connections at the top of a distinctly unsafe looking telegraph pole, it loses DSL sync if it rains too much - which seems to be most of the time!

I really must get around to changing my ISP and seeing if I can get things fixed. πŸ™

Derek

• Derek Dongray (2/24/2009)

I really must get around to changing my ISP and seeing if I can get things fixed. πŸ™

Yip, I'm moving to a 8mb region soon but thankfully the 21CN will enabled in Q3. Have you checked in there's a 3G option as they're becoming more competitive?

Check out Sam Knows to check if your exchange is going to be upgraded.

Max

• Max (2/24/2009)

Derek Dongray (2/24/2009)

Yip, I'm moving to a 8mb region soon but thankfully the 21CN will enabled in Q3. Have you checked in there's a 3G option as they're becoming more competitive?

Of course, I might actually get a worse service if I change ISP...

Standard ADSL RAG results

You cannot receive 2Mbps ADSL

You may be able to receive 1Mbps ADSL

You can receive 512kbps ADSL

You can receive 256kbps ADSL

I currently am on 2M ADSL!

Wholesale Broadband Connect is not yet available in your area

There is currently no 21CN migration date for your PSTN service

Derek

• Derek Dongray (2/24/2009)

Max (2/24/2009)

Derek Dongray (2/24/2009)

Of course, I might actually get a worse service if I change ISP...

Standard ADSL RAG results

You cannot receive 2Mbps ADSL

You may be able to receive 1Mbps ADSL

You can receive 512kbps ADSL

You can receive 256kbps ADSL

I currently am on 2M ADSL!

Wholesale Broadband Connect is not yet available in your area

There is currently no 21CN migration date for your PSTN service

Perhaps you're just being *charged* for 2M ADSL . . .

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Holly cr*p, 200 messages in a day!!!!!

For the first time I had to declare e-mail bankruptcy... just delete everything and move on.

can anybody resume the last day's comments in a nutshell??????

• Mostly about books and Internet connections.

-- Kit

• And mostly in the Sci Fi/Fantasy Genre, but there may have been others mentioned.

• Sure Ninja...

Yesterday pretty much amounted to most of us enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• There was also an abortive discussion about the unreasoning prejudice of humans against short, scaly, lizard-looking aliens with big ears and bad grammar. Steve may have deleted that for reasons of political incorrectness. πŸ˜›

fnord These aren't the droids you're looking for... fnord

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious (2/24/2009)

There was also an abortive discussion about the unreasoning prejudice of humans against short, scaly, lizard-looking aliens with big ears and bad grammar. Steve may have deleted that for reasons of political incorrectness. πŸ˜‰

Stand I know where you do now. Careful you should be.. πŸ˜‰

• It took me more than 2 hrs to catch with this thread from where I left. This is one long thread.. πŸ™‚

-Roy

• Bob Hovious (2/24/2009)

There was also an abortive discussion about the unreasoning prejudice of humans against short, scaly, lizard-looking aliens with big ears and bad grammar. Steve may have deleted that for reasons of political incorrectness. πŸ˜›

You can't talk about our prime minister like that!

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• I have always considered myself a friend to all short, scaly, lizard looking, aliens with big ears and bad grammar.... for I know their ally is the Force.

Hey Lynn: How do you recognize the Episcopalians at a Star Wars convention?

• Bob: Not really. Although a Star Wars fan, I have never had the opportunity to attend one of their conventions (sad, but true).

• Hey, I didn't delete anything. Heck, I miss half the posts and don't understand the other half. I figure I'll just drop random comments in here and there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,906 through 1,920 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply