Are the posted questions getting worse?

• You could always unsubscribe, noel. 😛

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• We are working on some JS and server side formatting for both SQL and XML code to make it work better.

• And I'm beginning to think this thread will never end.

• This thread does seem to have become sort of an informal meeting place, moreso than the rest of the non-SQL threads. It seems that a lot of people like having it for that purpose. It's always fun to walk in first thing in the morning and see where it has wandered off to.

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• I keep telling you all, this is SSC's virtual "Water Cooler". It's where we all come to shoot the breeze, complain about anything (not just bad posts and/or posters). If you take the time to read through this thread you find things out about people you'd probably only discover if you happened to work with or live near them, and considering this is a world wide group, that isn't about to happen any time soon.

We can blow off steam, talk about the latest in Potato Launchers, what style of martial arts we study (or studied), and many other things.

I truely think that those who visit here regularly have become friends in many ways.

• [font="Verdana"]Potato Launchers? Have we graduated from Pork Chops?[/font]

• The potato goes with the pork chop. Next will come the salad shooters, and finally the dessert derringers.

And then again, I might be wrong ...
    David Webb

• Perhaps you real experts who know lots of stuff can tell me why you persist in advising people who can't blow their nose yet.

This is not a sarcastic point .. I see people on here who know enough to solve any SQL issue yet spend time telling people how to backup a database. Why?

Respond on

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic669857-61-1.aspx

because noone can read 250 pages of contributions

• t.walker (3/5/2009)

I have, but then again I've been here since day 1 and I've been amazed when I go off-line for a couple of days by how ling it takes to catch up.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Chris Morris (3/5/2009)

Hey Grant, your chum's back in town. I'm in the bleachers with a couple of beers.

Sorry, I was offline all day at our annual IS kickoff meeting. Go team & all that. I see all kinds of answers over there already.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Lynn Pettis (3/5/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (3/5/2009)

Apologies for not getting in there sooner. I could see the heat coming through the wires from people's ears.

Supposedly this is an "MVP" as well. I suggested he post the thread in the MVP groups and see who was acting unprofessional.

I don't think it would look too good for him. If the "MVP Review" looks at the thread, they'll see that he deleted many of his posts from the thread.

Yes, it got heated, and perhaps a little borderline, but other than that I think everyone maintained what I thought was a level of professionalism (until he started deleting his posts).

Just tossing in my two cents, I don't think we got out of line. I think we completely called him on his behavior, which apparently doesn't happen very often, but I don't think he was abused. He really did, more or less, call out the top posters on what is really standard behavior, go to this link, read the BOL, why, etc. Then to find out he's an MSDN moderator and an MVP, and, oh, by the way, a bit of a plagiarist... I have zero sympathy for the guy now.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• t.walker (3/5/2009)

Perhaps you real experts who know lots of stuff can tell me why you persist in advising people who can't blow their nose yet.

This is not a sarcastic point .. I see people on here who know enough to solve any SQL issue yet spend time telling people how to backup a database. Why?

Respond on

'Cause once upon a time I needed help and other people helped me, so I try to pitch in where I can. And because I know that I'll need help again some time.

• Have you noticed, but we actually have a discussion going on here now.

• t.walker (3/5/2009)

Perhaps you real experts who know lots of stuff can tell me why you persist in advising people who can't blow their nose yet.

Respond on

Because we're nice guys.

Because we have nothing better to do.

Because we feel like it.

Because we like helping people.

Because we like feeling useful.

Because we want to make the world a better place.

Because we like the praise from people we help and admiration of our peers.

Because it's late at night, I can't sleep, and need something to do.

Because it seems to bother you.

• I can't sleep either so let's turn this around.

Socratic dialogues are always won by those who ask the questions. 😉

Why do you need to know?

Why do call this a "site maturity question" regarding SSC?

Why shouldn't we all?

Why don't you?

Why am I bothering to ask you these questions?

Why ask why?

Why not?

Why move to Wyoming?

Why, O Ming, why?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,281 through 2,295 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply