Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Roy Ernest (6/28/2011)

Gianluca Sartori (6/28/2011)

Yeah! 3000 points for me!

It's a small step for most of you, it's a great step for me.

Congratulation. Well done. I will never hit 3K for sure. 🙂

Spoken by someone only 195 points away from that mark. I think you'll make it sooner than you think.

• Gianluca Sartori (6/28/2011)

Way to go, Gianluca !

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Lynn Pettis (6/28/2011)

Roy Ernest (6/28/2011)

Congratulation. Well done. I will never hit 3K for sure. 🙂

Spoken by someone only 195 points away from that mark. I think you'll make it sooner than you think.

Yes: it was 196 just a few hours ago and 198 yesterday.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• I forgot the fact that it was 2900 odd, I thought my post count was 1900 odd. 😛

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (6/28/2011)

I forgot the fact that it was 2900 odd, I thought my post count was 1900 odd. 😛

And my posts are just plain odd.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Congratulations Gianluca! (Watch the mail for the check that Steve is sending you...)

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (6/28/2011)

Congratulations Gianluca! (Watch the mail for the check that Steve is sending you...)

A mug would have been enough, but, since I'll be unemployed in 40 days, a check wouldn't hurt. 😀

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Hey Threadizens . . . I could use a hand with a question I posted over here, if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Wahoo! My users group just scheduled me to speak in August. Let the stress begin.... 😀

• Chad Crawford (6/28/2011)

Wahoo! My users group just scheduled me to speak in August. Let the stress begin.... 😀

SLC or Provo?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Wahoo! My users group just scheduled me to speak in August. Let the stress begin.... 😀

Congrats. Have fun. Don't get stressed. If you're not having fun while you're presenting, your audience sucks... kidding, you're presenting online... wait, that was kidding too. Kidding aside, have fun presenting otherwise, why bother.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

A mug would have been enough, but, since I'll be unemployed in 40 days, a check wouldn't hurt. 😀

I don't have mugs or much swag at all anymore. I should talk to RG about some random prizes for hitting some levels.

If we get to shake hands, however, I'd be happy to buy you a beer.

livemeeting?

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Enjoy presenting. Couple things.

1. Breathe. Easy to race through things. Take a moment at a few spots to get a drink of water or take a deep breath and pace yourself.

2. There's always someone smarter in the room. Don't worry about impressing everyone.

3. don't worry about ending a little early.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/28/2011)

I don't have mugs or much swag at all anymore. I should talk to RG about some random prizes for hitting some levels.

If we get to shake hands, however, I'd be happy to buy you a beer.

Hopefully this year at the summit we will get a chance to shake hands. But the first round of beer is on me.. 🙂

Regarding presenting, you will enjoy it. I was a bit nervous before my first presentation but it went great. Now I enjoy presenting.. 🙂

-Roy

Viewing 15 posts - 27,661 through 27,675 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply