Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Thanks for the kind words of support and advice, I can certainly use it! I've given a few technical presentations before, but this is my first time presenting for the UG and there are some intimidating figures in the crowd. It will be live (in person) and probably not broadcast which will probably be a good thing for my foray since I won't have to worry about both a mic and remembering what to say next.

Jason, the SLC and Utah County groups have kind of combined and usually share speakers. I'll probably be in SL and they with either broadcast it to Lehi or (more likely) have the Utah County group drive up.

• Chad Crawford (6/28/2011)

Wahoo! My users group just scheduled me to speak in August. Let the stress begin.... πŸ˜€

Congratulations.

I did my very first technical session last week (on SSIS in Denali). It went pretty well.

And I received the Microsoft Community Contributor Award today. W00t w00t πŸ˜€

(this good news compensates the fact I just spent 2 hours in a traffic jam :-))

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Congratulation on getting the MS community contributor award.

-Roy

• Chad Crawford (6/28/2011)

Thanks for the kind words of support and advice, I can certainly use it! I've given a few technical presentations before, but this is my first time presenting for the UG and there are some intimidating figures in the crowd. It will be live (in person) and probably not broadcast which will probably be a good thing for my foray since I won't have to worry about both a mic and remembering what to say next.

Jason, the SLC and Utah County groups have kind of combined and usually share speakers. I'll probably be in SL and they with either broadcast it to Lehi or (more likely) have the Utah County group drive up.

Cool, I may see you then.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Koen Verbeeck (6/28/2011)

Chad Crawford (6/28/2011)

Wahoo! My users group just scheduled me to speak in August. Let the stress begin.... πŸ˜€

Congratulations.

I did my very first technical session last week (on SSIS in Denali). It went pretty well.

First person I know to get one. Well done!

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (6/28/2011)

Thanks!

I started at a new client today, and when I first logged into my new development station, I immediately noticed that SQL Prompt of Redgate was already installed. :w00t: How cool is that? πŸ˜€

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Chad Crawford (6/28/2011)

Congratulations.

Congrats to you as well.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Grant Fritchey (6/28/2011)

Thanks!

I started at a new client today, and when I first logged into my new development station, I immediately noticed that SQL Prompt of Redgate was already installed. :w00t: How cool is that? πŸ˜€

Depends, was that the ONLY thing installed? : -)

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

Grant Fritchey (6/28/2011)

Thanks!

Very cool.

I'm working in Denali a lot lately and I haven't seen a build that works there. I'll have to bug the developers next week. I miss it already.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (6/28/2011)

I'm working in Denali a lot lately and I haven't seen a build that works there. I'll have to bug the developers next week. I miss it already.

They're probably slaving over that. It's not like SQL 2008 SSMS and Denali SSMS are minor variations.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Wow, lots of stuff happening. Congrats to everyone who deserves it.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Tempted to crank sarcasm up to 11

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1133245.aspx

Best left till the morning it think

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Dave Ballantyne (6/28/2011)

Tempted to crank sarcasm up to 11

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1133245.aspx

Best left till the morning it think

I might ignore it. He or she is either a troll, thinking that everyone should automatically know that a cursor isn't needed, or a jackass, looking down on everyone.

In either case, it's not likely to be any argument you can win. You can explain it is a simple example, but I wouldn't give it more than one post.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/28/2011)

You can explain it is a simple example, but I wouldn't give it more than one post.

Already done.

Gail Shaw

• Thanks Gail , I did wonder if the poster read past the first few lines.

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 27,676 through 27,690 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply