Are the posted questions getting worse?

• David Burrows (4/1/2009)

Hey Bob! He's back!

Well I hope not against the wall, people tend to get shot that way :crazy:

142 posts and 10 months on essentially the same query has to be a record.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• he's back

I have a day job very busy right now can't be bothered I'm late I'm late for a very important date urgent urgent danger will robinson alien life forms approaching besides I can't hear you no no no no no no lalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaa.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious (4/1/2009)

he's back

I have a day job very busy right now can't be bothered I'm late I'm late for a very important date urgent urgent danger will robinson alien life forms approaching besides I can't hear you no no no no no no lalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaa.

You can run, but you can't hide!

• Chris Morris (4/1/2009)

David Burrows (4/1/2009)

Hey Bob! He's back!

Must not be a critical piece in the scope of things, huh.

• Lynn Pettis (4/1/2009)

At least not to his boss :w00t:

• Lynn Pettis (4/1/2009)

Chris Morris (4/1/2009)

David Burrows (4/1/2009)

Hey Bob! He's back!

I also hope this isn't the only thing they have been working on.:w00t:

I can't explain what I really need, or tell you much about it, but when you show me the solution, I'll know it.

Please wave the magic wand......

Greg E

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/1/2009)

Good grief, it's the White House window cleaner. Looking through his posts, he's always very polite and respectful but...this is a bit scary:

Thank you so much Rxxxxh

You are my good friend

If you come to the US or you come to Massachusetts, please stop at my house and we can hang out for fun.

my email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Wonder how much spam he's getting now?

Well ya know this guy freely admits to being a SQL novice and the language issues (didn't someone mention Babelfish?) indicate a different culture where swapping personal details might be more commonplace than with us uptight Yanks and Brits. Maybe he deserves a little more help...

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Chris Morris (4/1/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (4/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/1/2009)

Good grief, it's the White House window cleaner. Looking through his posts, he's always very polite and respectful but...this is a bit scary:

Thank you so much Rxxxxh

You are my good friend

If you come to the US or you come to Massachusetts, please stop at my house and we can hang out for fun.

my email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Wonder how much spam he's getting now?

Well ya know this guy freely admits to being a SQL novice and the language issues (didn't someone mention Babelfish?) indicate a different culture where swapping personal details might be more commonplace than with us uptight Yanks and Brits. Maybe he deserves a little more help...

No, the Babelfish poster was someone else. It was a Spanish language barrier with that one.

• Lynn Pettis (4/1/2009)

Hey Bob! He's back!

This almost sounds like Borat is posting :w00t:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Too many authors in the field of relational theory have neglected the concept of Cardinal Reciprocity. This can cause a number of subtle problems with database design in terms of its derivability, redundancy, and consistency. . Increasingly, this little-understood aspect of relational theory, that emphasises the cardinality of the attributes of tuples in a relation and the reciprocity with isomorphic foreign key restraints, is becoming a hot forum topic.

[font="Verdana"]Y'wot? :blink:

And now, here is that same announcement in English...

[/font]

• Oh yeah, those kind of topics always make me hot.

I know, I know.... but I couldn't resist. 😎

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bruce W Cassidy (4/1/2009)

Too many authors in the field of relational theory have neglected the concept of Cardinal Reciprocity. This can cause a number of subtle problems with database design in terms of its derivability, redundancy, and consistency. . Increasingly, this little-understood aspect of relational theory, that emphasises the cardinality of the attributes of tuples in a relation and the reciprocity with isomorphic foreign key restraints, is becoming a hot forum topic.

Wikipedia? Link?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • [font="Verdana"]All I can say is... thank goodness it's only an April Fool's joke! If that's a primer, I'd hate to see the advanced stuff.[/font]

• GilaMonster (4/1/2009)

Wikipedia? Link?

[font="Verdana"]Sorry Gail. The Concept of Cardinal Reciprocity- A Primer By Hugh Bin-Haad.[/font]

• I've never met Cardinal Reciprocity. Where does he stand in the hierarchy of the SQL Inquisition?

Viewing 15 posts - 3,151 through 3,165 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply