Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Jack Corbett (11/21/2011)

Hey, for those not on Twitter (why aren't you). My dad passed away early this morning. Not unexpected. I blogged about it, http://t.co/hCjjRnRh if you are interested in how I feel about it.

Oh gosh. Missed that one. Sorry to hear that Jack. My condolences on your loss.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Hey, for those not on Twitter (why aren't you). My dad passed away early this morning. Not unexpected. I blogged about it, http://t.co/hCjjRnRh if you are interested in how I feel about it.

Condolences

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Sorry to hear that, Jack. My condolences.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• My condolences too, Jack. Let us know if we can provide shoulders to vent on.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• And it just happened at work.

"But we're using NOLOCK in this stored procedure. How could it have gotten killed due to a deadlock?"

<headdesk><headdesk><headdesk>

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (11/21/2011)

And it just happened at work.

"But we're using NOLOCK in this stored procedure. How could it have gotten killed due to a deadlock?"

Delete or update with nolock :-D?

• Brandie Tarvin (11/21/2011)

buahahahaha

It is the magic of NOLOCK

Just turn to them and say "That is one reason I recommend optimizing the code instead of using NOLOCK to fix everything!"

Learn Extended Events

Jack, my deepest condolences. My father passed away in '96 after a bout with cancer. You're blog hit home and has brought some of those memories back, like it was just yesterday. Some of the feelings you expressed were so similar to what I went through. Thanks for sharing your grieving process. I'll include you and my family in my prayers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• SQLRNNR (11/21/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (11/21/2011)

buahahahaha

Just turn to them and say "That is one reason I recommend optimizing the code instead of using NOLOCK to fix everything!"

Wait, you can use NOLOCK to fix everything?! That's so much easier than optimizing the code! Why didn't I think of that?! :w00t:

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Stefan Krzywicki (11/21/2011)

SQLRNNR (11/21/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (11/21/2011)

buahahahaha

Wait, you can use NOLOCK to fix everything?! That's so much easier than optimizing the code! Why didn't I think of that?! :w00t:

:hehe:

CodeMonkey ooh ooh ahh ahh

Learn Extended Events

• Ninja's_RGR'us (11/21/2011)

Jack Corbett (11/21/2011)

Thanks for sharing this... sure hits a cord with me atm.

BTW my father had his 3rd stroke yesterday (2nd in 2 weeks). This time he's not getting out of the hospital (we won't let him / them).

Should be operated this wednesday if nothing prevents teh surgury (might have inflamation in the heart which would delay it).

I didn't even think of that.

Praying that the surgery can happen and that there are no complications/issues. Sounds like he needs it a couple of weeks ago.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

@Tom T

Sent via PM =>

Looking good hon!

:hehe:

I'll change it again when someone tell me who it is. May look even better πŸ˜› (or not :cool:)

Tom

Of course I preffer women than men for some weird reasons! πŸ˜€

So do I. So the new avatar is brightening up these pages for both of us πŸ˜€

Tom

Ninja's_RGR'us (11/21/2011)

Jack Corbett (11/21/2011)

Thanks for sharing this... sure hits a cord with me atm.

BTW my father had his 3rd stroke yesterday (2nd in 2 weeks). This time he's not getting out of the hospital (we won't let him / them).

Should be operated this wednesday if nothing prevents teh surgury (might have inflamation in the heart which would delay it).

I didn't even think of that.

Praying that the surgery can happen and that there are no complications/issues. Sounds like he needs it a couple of weeks ago.

18 months ago would be accurate. That was the first warning. Then another one 2-3 weeks ago.

Now this one just can't be ignored:exclamation:

From what we know so far, it's the pig's valve that's breaking apart piece by piece. Going to his eyes and losing the vision (60% blind atm).

It's only a best guess.

Anywho, this needs to be fixed last week at the latest.!

I'm sure I don't need to mention that faith is your best tool to deal with both the grief and the worry about your legacy with your own son, so I won't. You, of course, have my prayers and thoughts on this.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 15 posts - 31,981 through 31,995 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply