Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GilaMonster (4/9/2009)

There are times I wish I could reach through the computer screen and beat some sense into people...

And having seen the Gilamonster in action, I'm glad this isn't possible! :-D:w00t::hehe:

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/9/2009)

GilaMonster (4/9/2009)

There are times I wish I could reach through the computer screen and beat some sense into people...

And having seen the Gilamonster in action, I'm glad this isn't possible! :-D:w00t::hehe:

But there are obvious times it would be warranted! Heck, I'll sell tickets!

• FYI, I also pinged MS on our boasting user.

• And having seen the Gilamonster in action, I'm glad this isn't possible!

Man, I'm sorry I missed that seminar. She made a real impression.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/9/2009)

FYI, I also pinged MS on our boasting user.

Just out of curiousity, where do you go to ping MS on something like that?

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• I pinged my MVP lead. Wasn't sure myself.

• I have to ask (somewhat fearfully) how did Gail get to be Gila Monster?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Grant Fritchey (4/9/2009)

Hey, I'm glad you can't pull people through monitors as well.

If we can get Gail to come to PASS, we can hit the dojo together. With Connections the following week, maybe she'll make both, speak at both, and get a few $$ to make the trip.

• Grant Fritchey (4/9/2009)

And having seen the Gilamonster in action, I'm glad this isn't possible!

Join us next time? Even if it's just to watch and take photos?

For the records, I never beat Steve up. I was training with Kalen most of the class and she slammed me into the mat a few times but firmly. Anyone who thinks Kalen looks innocent and harmless, think again

Grant Fritchey (4/9/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (4/9/2009)

FYI, I also pinged MS on our boasting user.

Just out of curiousity, where do you go to ping MS on something like that?

mailto://tctips@microsoft.com

It's a public email address, nothing secret here.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • True, Gail never threw me. Kalen did, asking specifically at the end to toss me around, but Gail was polite.

However I did see Gail toss a few men around.

• Bob Hovious (4/9/2009)

I have to ask (somewhat fearfully) how did Gail get to be Gila Monster?

😀 It's no secret or anything. The nickname dates back to University days and is courtesy of a friend who, at that time, had some trouble typing. Specifically, when she touch-typed she typed faster with her right hand than with her left, often resulting in words with the letters out of order.

Gail

Gila

After she got mail delivery failures several times it turned into a joke, then into the name of my website, then into the username I used for most forums.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (4/9/2009)

Join us next time? Even if it's just to watch and take photos?

For the records, I never beat Steve up. I was training with Kalen most of the class and she slammed me into the mat a few times but firmly. Anyone who thinks Kalen looks innocent and harmless, think again

Love to. Assuming I don't acrue some injury between now then (entirely possible, we're doing a demo in May and those things are dangerious), I'll play too. I'll just have to fly down the day before this time.

And no, I never thought Kalen looked innocent & harmless. It's easy to spot the dangerous women most of the time, bless 'em.

• Thank you, ma'am. 🙂

(I always make it a point to be polite to ladies... especially martial artists who can also humiliate me technically. It's a southern thing.)

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Any help on that thread would be welcome. Based on further information from the OP, I'm thinking something written using SMO may be a better option than a stored proc.

• Lynn Pettis (4/9/2009)

Any help on that thread would be welcome. Based on further information from the OP, I'm thinking something written using SMO may be a better option than a stored proc.

I've added what I can to it. I got my version of the proc to work. Actually created the database and username and all that.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 15 posts - 3,286 through 3,300 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply