Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Koen Verbeeck (2/7/2012)

A bit back on-topic:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1247840-364-1.aspx

Not really a worse question, but a weird one. (read all the way to the bottom)

What would justify such a business scenario?

Added a note. I suspect he doesn't really explain the scenario well, and is more hung up on doing things a certain way, rather than understanding what he/she can do.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (2/7/2012)

Koen Verbeeck (2/7/2012)

A bit back on-topic:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1247840-364-1.aspx

Not really a worse question, but a weird one. (read all the way to the bottom)

What would justify such a business scenario?

Added a note. I suspect he doesn't really explain the scenario well, and is more hung up on doing things a certain way, rather than understanding what he/she can do.

Thanks for that. You explained it better in one post what was expected than I did in 10+ posts.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Now that it is officially posted on facebook, I can start telling everyone.

Kassondra gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday in Germany. Grayson Matthew was born at 11:10 (German time), which is 3:10am mst.

Grandma made it safely to Germany and is now enjoying her time with our grandson. You know, saying that makes me feel giddy and old at the same time. A unique feeling.

• Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Now that it is officially posted on facebook, I can start telling everyone.

Kassondra gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday in Germany. Grayson Matthew was born at 11:10 (German time), which is 3:10am mst.

Grandma made it safely to Germany and is now enjoying her time with our grandson. You know, saying that makes me feel giddy and old at the same time. A unique feeling.

Congrats Grandpa

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Congrats! Now I'm not the only-sleep deprived one on the thread when you babysit! πŸ˜€

Since he is born in German, has he the official German nationality?

Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Congrats! Now I'm not the only-sleep deprived one on the thread when you babysit! πŸ˜€

Don't they test that at three years old when they determine if they like warm or cold beer, and women in lederhosen?

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Congrats. Let's just say every grandpa I know is old and sometimes giddy goes with age.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Yay!

Gramps

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Evil Kraig F (2/7/2012)

Koen Verbeeck (2/7/2012)

Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Don't they test that at three years old when they determine if they like warm or cold beer, and women in lederhosen?

What's to like in warm beer? πŸ™‚

Evil Kraig F (2/7/2012)

Koen Verbeeck (2/7/2012)

Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

What's to like in warm beer? πŸ™‚

Ok, step by step:

1) Congrats to Kassondra and her husband! May Grayson Matthew grow up healthy and happy!!

2) Congrats, Grandpa!!!! I imagine you sitting in your rocking chair with your glasses on reading a fairy tale to Grayson Matthew πŸ™‚ (The Santa DBA look comes to mind...)

3) German nationality: military staff needs to be stationed in Germany for at least 8 years to claim German nationality for a baby born over here.

4) The test with "warm" beer is usually held at the age of three month, not years. We don't like to keep our kids away from the good'n'healthy stuff for that long πŸ™‚

5) "Warm beer" is the wrong term here, the best temperature is about 5 to 8Β°C (41 to 46F).

6) Lederhosen are not for women but for men (a women would usually wear a "Dirndl"). But that's mostly in Bavaria or in Frankenmuth (for those of you in the Michigan area).

7) The reason for a temperature beyond a "frozen mug" is simple: taste. I don't want to go deeper into details (not starting a "taste war" here) but based on my experience there's a good reason for most U.S. beer to be served in frozen mugs πŸ˜€

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

congrats, Grandpa!

• Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

My congratulations to you and wishes of a long, healthy life to all of you!

• Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Congratulations!

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Congratulations to Grandma, Grandpa,the new mom, the new dad.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• LutzM (2/7/2012)

5) "Warm beer" is the wrong term here, the best temperature is about 5 to 8Β°C (41 to 46F).

That seems indeed to be the good temperatures.

I only know a few beers worth drinking above these temperatures (around 12Β°), such as Affligem.

But that may result from my own ignorance πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 34,201 through 34,215 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply