Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Now that it is officially posted on facebook, I can start telling everyone.

Kassondra gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday in Germany. Grayson Matthew was born at 11:10 (German time), which is 3:10am mst.

Grandma made it safely to Germany and is now enjoying her time with our grandson. You know, saying that makes me feel giddy and old at the same time. A unique feeling.

Congrats Lynn. Now you are a GrandPa. Now you are officially an old man... πŸ˜€

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (2/9/2012)

Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

Kassondra gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday in Germany. Grayson Matthew was born at 11:10 (German time), which is 3:10am mst.

Grandma made it safely to Germany and is now enjoying her time with our grandson. You know, saying that makes me feel giddy and old at the same time. A unique feeling.

And a poorer one. To quote someone on the radio here, a while back - "If you think children are expensive, try Grandchildren"!

Steve Hall
    Linkedin
    Blog Site

• BrainDonor (2/9/2012)

Roy Ernest (2/9/2012)

Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

And a poorer one. To quote someone on the radio here, a while back - "If you think children are expensive, try Grandchildren"!

To quote me: anyone who thinks of their children or grandchildren as "expensive" is an idiot.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Seems timely on the heels of Lynn's news, a big THANK YOU to everyone who sent good thoughts my way a few weeks ago, I was nervous because....we're having a baby! Our first, due the end of July! :w00t::-D:-D:-D

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Your troubles are only just starting πŸ˜‰

Many congratulations to you all

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• jcrawf02 (2/9/2012)

Seems timely on the heels of Lynn's news, a big THANK YOU to everyone who sent good thoughts my way a few weeks ago, I was nervous because....we're having a baby! Our first, due the end of July! :w00t::-D:-D:-D

Congratulations ... better catch up on your sleep before the wonderful event

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• jcrawf02 (2/9/2012)

BrainDonor (2/9/2012)

Roy Ernest (2/9/2012)

Lynn Pettis (2/7/2012)

To quote me: anyone who thinks of their children or grandchildren as "expensive" is an idiot.

Congrats!!!!

May your nights have more sleep than mine πŸ™‚

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• jcrawf02 (2/9/2012)

Seems timely on the heels of Lynn's news, a big THANK YOU to everyone who sent good thoughts my way a few weeks ago, I was nervous because....we're having a baby! Our first, due the end of July! :w00t::-D:-D:-D

Congrats... Sleep as much as you can now... Coz after that you wont be sleeping much..

-Roy

• MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

Proper beer, not the fashionable super chilled lager beer, is best drunk at cellar temperature or around 12-16 degrees.

Proper beer?

Who cares. Beer, wine, liquor are meant to be enjoyed. If they are, it doesn't matter if they're served at 0C, 12C, or 25C

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

Proper beer, not the fashionable super chilled lager beer, is best drunk at cellar temperature or around 12-16 degrees.

Proper beer?

Who cares. Beer, wine, liquor are meant to be enjoyed. If they are, it doesn't matter if they're served at 0C, 12C, or 25C

Well, thast "enjoyed" in most cases depends on where you grew up. I like mine at ~10 C.

• MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

HowardW (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

Interesting fact: Historically, it used to be in the UK that people drank more beer than water as it was sterile and the water was contaminated. πŸ˜€ Those were the days!

I still do that, just in case... πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜€ at least im not alone

I used to do it, but I've switched to red wine now.

Tom

• L' Eomot InversΓ© (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

HowardW (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

Interesting fact: Historically, it used to be in the UK that people drank more beer than water as it was sterile and the water was contaminated. πŸ˜€ Those were the days!

I usually whine in Orange, Blue, and Green...

... oh, wait, alcohol. Most of my whining is done in the morning, being very Green. Yep, definately green.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• L' Eomot InversΓ© (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

HowardW (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

Me, too. Beer has too masny calories and I have to watch that.

• Revenant (2/9/2012)

L' Eomot InversΓ© (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

HowardW (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

So you are those guys with the red teeth and lips? πŸ™‚

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (2/9/2012)

Revenant (2/9/2012)

L' Eomot InversΓ© (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

HowardW (2/9/2012)

MysteryJimbo (2/9/2012)

So you are those guys with the red teeth and lips? πŸ™‚

Wine, beer ugh. Give me good old Kentucky Burbon on the rocks ,, no water no soda .. now that is a drink fit for the Gods

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 34,231 through 34,245 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply