Are the posted questions getting worse?

• SQLRNNR (1/2/2013)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/2/2013)

Happy New Year everyone, and welcome back to work.

You didn't need to spoil it like that ;-):-D:hehe:

If I have to come back to work, then bleh.

Besides, you need to start earning back that MCM money.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/2/2013)

SQLRNNR (1/2/2013)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/2/2013)

Happy New Year everyone, and welcome back to work.

You didn't need to spoil it like that ;-):-D:hehe:

If I have to come back to work, then bleh.

Besides, you need to start earning back that MCM money.

Yeah *cough* I do. And need to earn that money for the 2nd lab attempt.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Anyone with better data than I have on temp tables vs table variables, wanna take a look at this one: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1399050-377-1.aspx?

Gail, I linked two of your SQL In the Wild entries, and he asked me questions about your posts, which I'm not in a position to answer to his satisfaction.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GilaMonster (1/2/2013)

ChrisM@Work (1/2/2013)

May 2013 bring you excitement, enlightenment and all the rewards you deserve.

Why do I have to wait til May?

Perhaps because you aren't qualified to get your just rewards on April 1st?

Tom

• I usually hope NOT to get what I deserve, and I will wait as long as necessary for that!

Jason Wolfkill

• GSquared (1/2/2013)

Anyone with better data than I have on temp tables vs table variables, wanna take a look at this one: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1399050-377-1.aspx?

Gail, I linked two of your SQL In the Wild entries, and he asked me questions about your posts, which I'm not in a position to answer to his satisfaction.

Gus, I doubt if I understand that stuff even as well as you but I think I know where the misunderstanding is coming from so I've lobbed a comment in there. I hope Gail will comment too, as some of what is being misunderstood is apparently her articles that you referenced.

Tom

• Happy new year, everyone!!

I just wanted to break the almost-1-day-no-activity on the thread.

Saludos,

"El" Jerry.

"A watt of Ottawa" - Gerardo Galvan

To better understand your help request, please follow these best practices.[/url]

• Yowch

All Ruby On Rails versions suffer a SQL injection vulnerability

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Any twitter folks here use a samsung galaxy? If so, what app do you recommend?

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Evil Kraig F (1/3/2013)

Any twitter folks here use a samsung galaxy? If so, what app do you recommend?

I use tweetdeck

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Twicca's quite nice

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • SQLRNNR (1/3/2013)

Evil Kraig F (1/3/2013)

I use tweetdeck

Ditto. I'm not a heavy Twitter user, but Tweetdeck seems to work quite nicely on my Galaxy S II.

Jason Wolfkill

• Thanks for the recommendations. 🙂

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

About a week and a half ago, I bought my wife a Galaxy S3. While not an app per se, the coolest feature by far we've stumbled across is the ability to play music, vides and pictures through our Sony Internet TV. Simple as pressing an icon.

The other thing I like about the phone is that she's not exactly the computer-literate type, yet she's been able to configure everything herself (no need for my help). She asked me what our wi-fi key was and the next thing I know she's connected to our home network (hence the ability to play stuff on our TV).

Now I've been blessed with the task of upgrading our MP3 library, which I spent most of the New Year holiday on.

Which reminds me, Happy New Year to everyone in the SQLverse!

My mantra: No loops! No CURSORs! No RBAR! Hoo-uh![/I]

My thought question: Have you ever been told that your query runs too fast?

My advice:
    INDEXing a poor-performing query is like putting sugar on cat food. Yeah, it probably tastes better but are you sure you want to eat it?
    The path of least resistance can be a slippery slope. Take care that fixing your fixes of fixes doesn't snowball and end up costing you more than fixing the root cause would have in the first place.

Need to UNPIVOT? Why not CROSS APPLY VALUES instead?[/url]
    Since random numbers are too important to be left to chance, let's generate some![/url]
    Learn to understand recursive CTEs by example.[/url]
    [url url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/St

• I don't know Ruby, but that sounds like a doozy.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 38,581 through 38,595 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply