Are the posted questions getting worse?

• SQLRNNR (1/15/2013)

Lynn Pettis (1/15/2013)

dwain.c (1/15/2013)

Thought I'd resurrect this thread which has now gone dormant for nearly 24 hours to say:

Woooohoooo!!! My 2000th post! Time to celebrate!

Good grief! Seems like only yesterday that I started posting to this forum. How time flies when you're having fun.

Congratulations!!

Did you notice that no one noticed when I broke 20,000?? (Not to steal your thunder!! 😀 )

Congrats thunder thief.

That should be Saint Thunder Thief! 😛

• Lynn Pettis (1/15/2013)

dwain.c (1/15/2013)

Thought I'd resurrect this thread which has now gone dormant for nearly 24 hours to say:

Good grief! Seems like only yesterday that I started posting to this forum. How time flies when you're having fun.

Congratulations!!

Did you notice that no one noticed when I broke 20,000?? (Not to steal your thunder!! 😀 )

Clearly you're one of the unsung heros of this forum!

It'll take me 10 years to reach your current level.

My mantra: No loops! No CURSORs! No RBAR! Hoo-uh![/I]

My thought question: Have you ever been told that your query runs too fast?

My advice:
    INDEXing a poor-performing query is like putting sugar on cat food. Yeah, it probably tastes better but are you sure you want to eat it?
    The path of least resistance can be a slippery slope. Take care that fixing your fixes of fixes doesn't snowball and end up costing you more than fixing the root cause would have in the first place.

Need to UNPIVOT? Why not CROSS APPLY VALUES instead?[/url]
    Since random numbers are too important to be left to chance, let's generate some![/url]
    Learn to understand recursive CTEs by example.[/url]
    [url url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/St

• dwain.c (1/15/2013)

Lynn Pettis (1/15/2013)

dwain.c (1/15/2013)

Congratulations!!

Clearly you're one of the unsung heros of this forum!

It'll take me 10 years to reach your current level.

Took me a bit over 8 years, but I didn't get really active until around late 2005.

And there was that one year I slacked off while working on the Dark Side!

• Congrats to both of you, Lynn and Dwain.

I'm almost over 9000!

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• dwain.c (1/15/2013)

Congrats. Well Done.

You'll overtake me soon :crying:

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Anybody here going to GenCon or live in the Indianapolis area? I'm going to be at GenCon this year - in August, and speaking at the Cascade Writers Workshop (Portland, OR) in July. I'd love to meet up with any Threadzians in the area for a chat.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (1/16/2013)

Anybody here going to GenCon or live in the Indianapolis area? I'm going to be at GenCon this year - in August, and speaking at the Cascade Writers Workshop (Portland, OR) in July. I'd love to meet up with any Threadzians in the area for a chat.

I'd love to stop by and say "hi," but I'm expending my vacation budget for the year on Jamaica (132 days!)

So out of curiosity, I've always noticed the "Freelance writer: Shadowrun" in your sig. How long have you been writing for Shadowrun?

Jason

(I've got a first or second edition rulebook...)

Anybody here going to GenCon or live in the Indianapolis area? I'm going to be at GenCon this year - in August, and speaking at the Cascade Writers Workshop (Portland, OR) in July. I'd love to meet up with any Threadzians in the area for a chat.

We talk about going every year, but there's always a reason we don't go.

We are however, going to Worldcon in TX (Lonestarcon3). Will you be going to that?

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• jasona.work (1/16/2013)

Brandie Tarvin (1/16/2013)

I'd love to stop by and say "hi," but I'm expending my vacation budget for the year on Jamaica (132 days!)

JEALOUS! @=)

So out of curiosity, I've always noticed the "Freelance writer: Shadowrun" in your sig. How long have you been writing for Shadowrun?

Jason

(I've got a first or second edition rulebook...)

I've been writing for a couple of years now. 4th Edition stuff. Looking forward to working on 5th.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Stefan Krzywicki (1/16/2013)

We are however, going to Worldcon in TX (Lonestarcon3). Will you be going to that?

Not unless I get invited as a guest. My funds are pretty low this year.

I'll be working some Shadowrun stuff at GenCon and possibly on a few panels. Cascade I was invited in my capacity as editor / publication coordinator for Musa Publishing.

Stefan Krzywicki (1/16/2013)

Not unless I get invited as a guest. My funds are pretty low this year.

I'll be working some Shadowrun stuff at GenCon and possibly on a few panels. Cascade I was invited in my capacity as editor / publication coordinator for Musa Publishing.

Rats. Worldcon is rather expensive as cons go. Next year is London and I'm really looking forward to that.

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.

• Stefan Krzywicki (1/16/2013)

Worldcon is rather expensive as cons go. Next year is London and I'm really looking forward to that.

I really, really, really want to go to the London show if I can. I've never been to London (or England) and have always looked for an excuse.

EDIT: This is the Year of Shadowrun. Given everything going on (and my need to be visible for my writing career), GenCon is really the con I need to be at this year.

Stefan Krzywicki (1/16/2013)

Worldcon is rather expensive as cons go. Next year is London and I'm really looking forward to that.

I really, really, really want to go to the London show if I can. I've never been to London (or England) and have always looked for an excuse.

EDIT: This is the Year of Shadowrun. Given everything going on (and my need to be visible for my writing career), GenCon is really the con I need to be at this year.

Sure, makes sense to me. Wish I could go.

• Never been to a GenCon or Comicon. Would like to give it a try if one comes close.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/16/2013)

Never been to a GenCon or Comicon. Would like to give it a try if one comes close.

Neither of those move very often, unfortunately. Comicon is SanDiego and NYC. GenCon is Indianapolis after moving from Milwaukee around 7 years ago.

Worldcon is the only con I know of that moves evey year. It was in Denver in 2008, so it'll be awhile before it gets back there.

Viewing 15 posts - 38,731 through 38,745 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply