Are the posted questions getting worse?

• So, denizens of The Thread, when do you think we'll hit 4,000 posts?

• At the current rate over the past few days, probably sometime later tonight...

more likely by the end of the weekend.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Lynn Pettis (5/1/2009)

So, denizens of The Thread, when do you think we'll hit 4,000 posts?

You never know, but it just takes the right question or comment to spawn about six pages worth of responses.

Let's try one.

Did anyone else hear that J.G. Ballard died? Another SF author has gone away. I loved Crash, Concrete Island, High Rise, Empire of the Sun (but not the stinky Spielberg film)... some of his other stuff.

Crash inspired Grace Jones' song Warm Leatherette. I thought Cronenberg was the perfect director to make the movie of it, but I thought his effort failed pretty badly.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Lynn Pettis (5/1/2009)

So, denizens of The Thread, when do you think we'll hit 4,000 posts?

...I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

• Lynn Pettis (5/1/2009)

WayneS (5/1/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (5/1/2009)

Hey, that's a cool feature! Hadn't seen that before.

I guess it's a good thing that I didn't ask you how to get to it 🙂 Oh wait... I did:w00t:

Well, as Paul said, it is intuitive. I mean, look, you got 3 answers within 6 minutes of posting your question. 😉

Well, since even Steve didn't know this. Maybe these 3 persons have been the only...

Maybe something like a simple textbox and a "Go" button should work also. The current "feature" seems more like a easter-egg :laugh:

• Florian Reischl (5/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/1/2009)

WayneS (5/1/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (5/1/2009)

I guess it's a good thing that I didn't ask you how to get to it 🙂 Oh wait... I did:w00t:

Well, as Paul said, it is intuitive. I mean, look, you got 3 answers within 6 minutes of posting your question. 😉

Well, since even Steve didn't know this. Maybe these 3 persons have been the only...

Maybe something like a simple textbox and a "Go" button should work also. The current "feature" seems more like a easter-egg :laugh:

Actually, it's a geek thing. Who actually takes the time to read the documentation any way? 😉

• I discovered the feature (the go-to-page thing) by accident. Was a couple of months ago, I think.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I never knew about it until today when the question was asked. I started playing around with the thread navigation buttons and I found it. Not that hard to find as it works like every other javascript hyperlink in that section...

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Okay, same here. Read the questions, figured it out, posted an answer. The force was with us!

• Lynn Pettis (5/1/2009)

Okay, same here. Read the questions, figured it out, posted an answer. The force was with us!

Ditto

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I think we just went full circle back to Paul's comment about it being intuitive.

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/1/2009)

There's a lot (too much, IMHO) JS on the pages with features.

Luke L (5/1/2009)

I never knew about it until today when the question was asked. I started playing around with the thread navigation buttons and I found it. Not that hard to find as it works like every other javascript hyperlink in that section...

-Luke.

Lynn Pettis (5/1/2009)

Okay, same here. Read the questions, figured it out, posted an answer. The force was with us!

Alvin Ramard (5/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/1/2009)

Ditto

GilaMonster (5/1/2009)

Florian Reischl (5/1/2009)

Never noticed it either. I usually change the url directly if I want to go to a specific page of a long thread

Well

First lemme me calculate:

38,461 Points did not know this feature...

Now lemme quote Paul:

Very intuitive

😛

Edited: I had to add Gail

• Florian Reischl (5/1/2009)

Never noticed it either. I usually change the url directly if I want to go to a specific page of a long thread

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Lynn Pettis (5/1/2009)

I think we just went full circle back to Paul's comment about it being intuitive.

Yeah but look how many posts we added!

• Paul White (5/1/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/1/2009)

I think we just went full circle back to Paul's comment about it being intuitive.

Yeah but look how many posts we added!

Who can find the next undocumented feature? (I don't mean bug!)

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 3,901 through 3,915 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply