Are the posted questions getting worse?

• L' Eomot Inversé (9/9/2013)

Grant Fritchey (9/9/2013)

Not sure anyone noticed, but we passed the three year anniversary of the thread. Thank the gods the terrible twos are over. Our little... thread... is a toddler now.

Yes, I noticed that - nearly 2 years ago. Has the battery failed in your calendar?

The message which began the thread happened on November 18, 2008.

Which means we have a 5 year anniversary coming up. Exciting!

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (9/10/2013)

Doesn't it mean the thread goes to school soon and we have to tearfully wave it away from the doorstep each morning? 🙂

• paul.knibbs (9/10/2013)

Koen Verbeeck (9/10/2013)

Doesn't it mean the thread goes to school soon and we have to tearfully wave it away from the doorstep each morning? 🙂

Indeed. As I said, exciting that the little brat will be out of the house for a few hours a day 😀

• Soon the Thread will be posting its own ranted forum questions itself 😉

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• L' Eomot Inversé (9/9/2013)

Not sure anyone noticed, but we passed the three year anniversary of the thread. Thank the gods the terrible twos are over. Our little... thread... is a toddler now.

Yes, I noticed that - nearly 2 years ago. Has the battery failed in your calendar?

Oops. Saw the wrong date.

Never mind.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (9/10/2013)

L' Eomot Inversé (9/9/2013)

Never mind.

Or was it the Grant of 2 years back who used DBCC_Timewarp to post this message yesterday, trying to fool us all?!?

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

Grant Fritchey (9/10/2013)

Never mind.

Or was it the Grant of 2 years back who used DBCC_Timewarp to post this message yesterday, trying to fool us all?!?

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

Or maybe the Grant of today used DBCC_Timewarp to go back to tell Grant of 2 year ago to use DBCC_Timewarp to post yesterday so as to confuse all of us?

• jasona.work (9/10/2013)

Never mind.

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

Or maybe the Grant of today used DBCC_Timewarp to go back to tell Grant of 2 year ago to use DBCC_Timewarp to post yesterday so as to confuse all of us?

I don't get it, I'm confused.

We also recently passed the 3 year aniversary of the last time the OP even logged in to SSC. Whatever happened to Michael Earl?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

jasona.work (9/10/2013)

Never mind.

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

So am I; Grant doesn't specify whether he say Sept 2010 instead of Nov 2008 or Nov 2011 instead of Sept 2013, so another possibility is that he inadvertently used DBCC Timewarp when yesterday when looking for the current date.

Tom

• Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)

Hey is anyone going to be at the SQLSaturday this week in Orlando or next week in Providence? If you are be sure we see each other.

I'll be at Orlando, but not at the speaker's dinner unfortunately. See you there.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• L' Eomot Inversé (9/10/2013)

jasona.work (9/10/2013)

Never mind.

Dum-dum-duuuummm.

So am I; Grant doesn't specify whether he say Sept 2010 instead of Nov 2008 or Nov 2011 instead of Sept 2013, so another possibility is that he inadvertently used DBCC Timewarp when yesterday when looking for the current date.

Wow. Don't quit your current day job, Grant. Employers are using the internet to check up on potential employees and documented misuse of DBCC Timewarp ensures that you will never get another job interview again.

Unless of course, you remember the settings to go back and erase the evidence before the employers manage to look for it. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• I am seriously thinking of making DBCC Timewarp settings one of my own interview questions, just to see how far the SQL Conspiracy has spread. 😀

• Brandie Tarvin (9/10/2013)

I am seriously thinking of making DBCC Timewarp settings one of my own interview questions, just to see how far the SQL Conspiracy has spread. 😀

What are 3 of the required parameters for DBCC Timewarp?

What are 7 of the optional parameters?

I like where this is headed.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (9/10/2013)

Brandie Tarvin (9/10/2013)

I am seriously thinking of making DBCC Timewarp settings one of my own interview questions, just to see how far the SQL Conspiracy has spread. 😀

What are 3 of the required parameters for DBCC Timewarp?

What are 7 of the optional parameters?

I like where this is headed.

This does sound like a fun direction. You know, someone is going about DBCC Timewarp and (after searching for a while) try to write the procedure. I think it should be a procedure to go back in time in the transaction log and undo a single transaction. Of course, it would "just know" which one you want to undo. I don't think my server has the horsepower to actually traverse time, so I'd be willing to settle for the transaction log.

Viewing 15 posts - 41,236 through 41,250 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply