Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Bob Hovious (5/11/2009)

P.S. Did anybody else see the Star Trek movie over the weekend? I thought it was great.

No. Saw Wolverine. Pretty good, way better than the last XMen movie (not that that's very hard)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Bob Hovious (5/11/2009)

Thanks, Steve.

I agree, Roy.

You are an unbeliever, Johnathan?

Glad to see you're thinking ahead, Alvin.

Hey Lynn, do you think we'll make 5K this month?

P.S. Did anybody else see the Star Trek movie over the weekend? I thought it was great.

I am not an unbeliever, but I am an unsubscriber. I removed this from my email list many months ago because it kept flooding my inbox. It was the longest running post on SSC back then, and it was surprising to see it still alive and kicking today.

Jonathan Kehayias | Principal Consultant | MCM: SQL Server 2008
    My Blog | Twitter | MVP Profile
    Training | Consulting | Become a SQLskills Insider
    Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for Accidental DBAs[/url]

• Roy Ernest (5/11/2009)

I wanted to see it but couldnt. Maybe this week. I love Star Trek.. 🙂

I saw Star Trek on Saturday and I liked it. I'm not so sure how someone not familiar with the original series would like it. There were a number of scenes where knowledge of the original series would make you appreciate the humor even more.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I have seen the full series. I actually loved it when it was Captain Kirk, Spock and Doc. 🙂

-Roy

• I saw all of the original series, and the movies (before Generations). I got TNG Season 1, disc 1 for Christmas, and am working my way through season 2 now.

Looking forward to the movie, which I'll probably see later this week.

• Anybody watch the History Channel (US) this weekend? I caught a story about Paramount auctioning off a lot of Star Trek props. The model for the Enterprise D went for 500,000 USD. The model for a Klingon Bird of Prey went for about 250,000 USD (if I remember correctly). There were a lot of other items being auctioned as well.

I didn't get to the Star Trek movie this weekend either. Not really sure when I may get the chance.

• Technical info in THE THREAD!?!

tsk, tsk

That's for real threads. 😉

Phew! Thought THE THREAD had been hijacked 🙁

...was Captain Kirk, Spock and Doc

Surely a Faux pas

You mean Captain Kirk, Spock and Bones :laugh:

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/11/2009)

I saw all of the original series, and the movies (before Generations). I got TNG Season 1, disc 1 for Christmas, and am working my way through season 2 now.

Looking forward to the movie, which I'll probably see later this week.

In a review in the one of the Chicago papers, they stated the original only ran 3 years ('66-'69). I couldn't believe it (yes, sadly, I watched the 1st runs on a black and white TV!). With syndication and the follow-up series, it seems it's been on FOREVER. I'll probably get out to see it on Wednesday with my girls.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• Oh and don't forget Scotty 😀

And did anyone notice that anyone beaming down to a planet wearing red (except Scotty of course) was always killed off :w00t:

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Lynn Pettis (5/11/2009)

Anybody watch the History Channel (US) this weekend? I caught a story about Paramount auctioning off a lot of Star Trek props. The model for the Enterprise D went for 500,000 USD. The model for a Klingon Bird of Prey went for about 250,000 USD (if I remember correctly). There were a lot of other items being auctioned as well.

I didn't get to the Star Trek movie this weekend either. Not really sure when I may get the chance.

I saw that. I had seen it before. There was an awfull lot of work required to pull that one off.

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Andy Warren actually big on a few props from the auction. I think he got a flute or some minor prop from one of the TNG episodes.

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/11/2009)

Andy Warren actually big on a few props from the auction. I think he got a flute or some minor prop from one of the TNG episodes.

I don't think I'll ever forget the tune Picard played on that flute, IF it's the flute I'm thinking of.

Alvin Ramard

• Alvin Ramard (5/11/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (5/11/2009)

Andy Warren actually big on a few props from the auction. I think he got a flute or some minor prop from one of the TNG episodes.

I don't think I'll ever forget the tune Picard played on that flute, IF it's the flute I'm thinking of.

According to the show, per Patrick Stewart, Picard's flute didn't actually work. Also, if I remember correctly that flute went for something like 10,000 USD. (I may not be remembering correctly, but that is the value that sticks in my mind.)

• I need to check if it's going to be on again this week.

Alvin Ramard

• Well to get the thread back "on topic" (as if), this one has managed to raise my blood pressure with his/her response.

Suffice to say. I'm done.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 15 posts - 4,246 through 4,260 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply