Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

The Dixie Flatline (7/8/2014)

I abandoned any thoughts of playing it when I realized I already have a job.

πŸ™ EVE hasn't taken over my life. Not entirely anyway. πŸ™‚

But I believe Jason Wolfkill's game of choice to be World of Tanks, so that comment was just a slight dig at him. πŸ˜‰

Each to their own. No one likes every single game and no game is for everyone.

Sadly, the defining factor for which games I play is whether they will run on a circa 2006 CPU and a circa 2010 graphics card, because that's how I roll at home.

Jason Wolfkill

• wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

But I believe Jason Wolfkill's game of choice to be World of Tanks, so that comment was just a slight dig at him. πŸ˜‰

Sadly, the defining factor for which games I play is whether they will run on a circa 2006 CPU and a circa 2010 graphics card, because that's how I roll at home.

Oh, and don't forget the 2 GB of RAM.

Jason Wolfkill

• wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

LUXURY !!

DECADENCE !!

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• The Dixie Flatline (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

LUXURY !!

DECADENCE !!

Before I came to Afghanistan I managed to upgrade my circa 2005 desktop system at home to 4 GB. Did that the same time I replaced the power supply that blew in the system.

• Lynn Pettis (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

LUXURY !!

DECADENCE !!

Before I came to Afghanistan I managed to upgrade my circa 2005 desktop system at home to 4 GB. Did that the same time I replaced the power supply that blew in the system.

It's important to have a decent gaming system. Myself, I don't really play too many PC games any more. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a good computer game, but not the high-end ones where you have to devote your life to it to get anything done. I prefer board games nowadays. It know...kind of old-fashioned, but they can be a lot of fun and you get caught if you try to cheat. πŸ˜‰

• Ed Wagner (7/9/2014)

Lynn Pettis (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

wolfkillj (7/8/2014)

GilaMonster (7/8/2014)

LUXURY !!

DECADENCE !!

It's important to have a decent gaming system. Myself, I don't really play too many PC games any more. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a good computer game, but not the high-end ones where you have to devote your life to it to get anything done. I prefer board games nowadays. It know...kind of old-fashioned, but they can be a lot of fun and you get caught if you try to cheat. πŸ˜‰

Board games and card games are my favorites. I have a weekly dominoes session and a semi-monthly Gin Rummy session with friends. Euchre is played occasionally along with Monopoly and scrabble. Thre's nothing more fun than arguing "home" rules for Monopoly. πŸ˜›

Tom

• Where does my data come from?

Well the mommy data and the daddy data loved each other very much so....

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Board games on some Saturdays at the local geek hangout. I have Catan, Star Flux, Avalon and Forbidden Island. The club usually has a large pile of demo games. Computer games for the week-day evenings and occasional weekend marathon

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Grant Fritchey (7/9/2014)

Where does my data come from?

Bwahaaaa! I was so tempted to post "Haven't you had that little talk with your mum and dad yet?" πŸ˜€

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• ChrisM@Work (7/9/2014)

Grant Fritchey (7/9/2014)

Bwahaaaa! I was so tempted to post "Haven't you had that little talk with your mum and dad yet?" πŸ˜€

"Well, these types of things are perfectly normal for a database your age."

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

ChrisM@Work (7/9/2014)

"Well, these types of things are perfectly normal for a database your age."

Does that mean the DML is the daddy and the DDL is the mommy?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

He's being a tad lazy now.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (7/9/2014)

I'll move 'em down the road a piece then. It's easy enough to answer. But I really would like to see people going and reading the linked documentation. It sure would make me feel better.

• Koen Verbeeck (7/9/2014)

Prior experience with this one eh?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (7/9/2014)

Koen Verbeeck (7/9/2014)

Prior experience with this one eh?

Not exactly. But replying with "extended events sounds OK, can you write a script for me" doesn't really sound proactive to me πŸ˜€

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 15 posts - 44,536 through 44,550 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply