Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (5/14/2009)

The sun has set in the deep desert and lone figure sits quietly meditating next to a small camp fire. While sitting there, he simply cannot believe how ridiculous some requests for help can be.

As you come nearer to the figure you can hear the words of his mantra, "Must stay in the desert, Must stay in the desert"...

Edit: fixed spelling/grammer, bad spelling/grammer still in post below

I always thought the mantra was "never get out of the boat, never get out of the boat..."

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• I live about 1/2 mile from here.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• GilaMonster (5/15/2009)

Ahhh!!!! Damn it! Twice this year!

Flat broken into again last night. Among other things, took the zune that I bought to replace the ipod that they stole last bloody time.

As for where I live, crime bloody capital of the world it seems.

That seriously stinks. I'm so sorry.

• Oh, you don't have to be Klingon to do that...

The mark of a good DBA is one who will

fall on one's sword

or be

hoisted by one's own petard

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• David Burrows (5/15/2009)

here

No mountains only a few hills

Oh, that place looks great. I loved it in England!

• Paul White (5/14/2009)

Bob Hovious (5/14/2009)

Hey Bruce and Paul... how is life in New Zealand? Where do you each live again? Bruce, you're on the North Island (Auckland?) right?

I work in Wellington and live a little further north in Raumati Beach. This general area

Really nice area, Paul! I love the sea!

The sun has set in the deep desert and lone figure sits quietly meditating next to a small camp fire. While sitting there, he simply cannot believe how ridiculous some requests for help can be.

As you come nearer to the figure you can hear the words of his mantra, "Must stay in the desert, Must stay in the desert"...

Edit: fixed spelling/grammer, bad spelling/grammer still in post below

Sorry to comment 4 pages later (I'm just getting up - you folks are fast!). What's with all the "dear" and "brother" and "dear brother". Kind of creeps me out. :crazy: And then posting the same reply two or three times? Is that in hopes of a quicker response? Annoying......Ok, I'm better now.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

Well, since we are showing about where we all live, here is where I live.

I'm here (most of the time).

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (5/15/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/14/2009)

Well, since we are showing about where we all live, here is where I live.

I'm here (most of the time).

DUDE! I've visited that place before. How cool is that?

• GilaMonster (5/15/2009)

Ahhh!!!! Damn it! Twice this year!

Flat broken into again last night. Among other things, took the zune that I bought to replace the ipod that they stole last bloody time.

As for where I live, crime bloody capital of the world it seems.

Sorry to hear that. I know how upsetting it is. (House I grew up in was burglarized at least once a year, sometimes two or three times.)

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Grant Fritchey (5/15/2009)

I live about 1/2 mile from here.

Thanks Grant. 🙂

The advantage is that only 10 minutes walk and I am in woodland with open views of the countryside. So quiet you can hear the animals in the undergrowth. :satisfied:

Anon.

here

No mountains only a few hills

Couldn't help but notice the two football pitches near by! Of course, just seeing the area makes me want to visit England again.

• Sorry to hear about the Break in. I know that if you see them by any chance inside the apartment, you are going to give them a whooping of their life time...:-)

Here is where I live. At the southern tip you could say

Had to edit since I posted the wrong link.

-Roy

• Couldn't help but notice the two football pitches near by!

Used to watch my son play when he was at school.

They are still used today 😀

Anon.

Grant Fritchey (5/15/2009)

I live about 1/2 mile from here.

Thanks Grant. 🙂

The advantage is that only 10 minutes walk and I am in woodland with open views of the countryside. So quiet you can hear the animals in the undergrowth. :satisfied:

Pretty much like where I live, but my walk is about 2 minutes. I own 15 acres but it's connected to a few hundred acres of land-locked and protected woods which run into a state forest.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,471 through 4,485 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply