Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Grant Fritchey (5/15/2009)

I live about 1/2 mile from here.

Hey the worst 3 years of my life were spent in Shrewsbury (6th-8th grade). That's a tough age to move and then go to a different school each year. I had friends that lived in Grafton. Not a bad area.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• I live here now which is good for having opportunities for User Groups and tech events but not great for outdoors stuff. I used to live here, which was just the opposite, great for outdoors stiff, but hours from anything technical. I like the weather in Florida better because I hate being cold.

Jack Corbett

• Jack Corbett (5/15/2009)

I live here now which is good for having opportunities for User Groups and tech events but not great for outdoors stuff. I used to live here, which was just the opposite, great for outdoors stiff, but hours from anything technical. I like the weather in Florida better because I hate being cold.

Jack, there's something wrong with your link. It directed to my neighborhood, midtown Memphis.

Scared me for a sec ...

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• GSquared (5/15/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/14/2009)

Well, since we are showing about where we all live, here is where I live.

I'm here (most of the time).

I think I might have been there before but I can't be sure. It does look a bit familiar.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• GSquared (5/15/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/14/2009)

Well, since we are showing about where we all live, here is where I live.

Dude! We're practically neighbors!

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• I live near here

View Larger Map

For all you folks out in Mass, I'm planning a trip trough Boston up to the Cape this summer. Any must see places to visit?

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Gail,

sorry to hear about that. I can sympathize a little. I had a car when I lived in San Diego that got broken into 3 times in less than a year. Felt like I was being targeted.

• In our Island there is one make of car that they always target. Toyota. Especially Yaris.

-Roy

• Grant Fritchey (5/15/2009)

GSquared (5/15/2009)

DUDE! I've visited that place before. How cool is that?

And the continent visible is where I live, or more specifically, here

Not great for usergroups, if I want something like that, I have to organise it. Still weather's good, I'm about an hour away from small mountains (Magalisburg), about 4 hours from bigger mountains (Drakensburg) and maybe 6 hours from the coast, and the country in general is beautiful.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Steve,

Luke's post here is very nice, but it shows a great option for cross-side-scripting (by including an iframe into his post).

Maybe you should speak with the site developers?

@luke: Nothing against you!

Greets

Flo

• Alvin Ramard (5/15/2009)

Jack Corbett (5/15/2009)

I live here now which is good for having opportunities for User Groups and tech events but not great for outdoors stuff. I used to live here, which was just the opposite, great for outdoors stiff, but hours from anything technical. I like the weather in Florida better because I hate being cold.

Jack, there's something wrong with your link. It directed to my neighborhood, midtown Memphis.

Scared me for a sec ...

Wow did I mess that up. Editing original post and reposting here as well.

Currently here. Was here

Jack Corbett

• Luke L (5/15/2009)

I live near here

View Larger Map

For all you folks out in Mass, I'm planning a trip trough Boston up to the Cape this summer. Any must see places to visit?

Heh. I used to live right across the river from you there, Luke, in West Fairview. Of course that was only for a year, and it was about 30 years ago...

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• yeah I was kinda amazed I could get away with it as well. But I'm lazy and it was the first link I clicked on in Google Maps... Figured I'd try it and see.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• GilaMonster (5/15/2009)

Grant Fritchey (5/15/2009)

GSquared (5/15/2009)

DUDE! I've visited that place before. How cool is that?

And the continent visible is where I live, or more specifically, here

Not great for usergroups, if I want something like that, I have to organise it. Still weather's good, I'm about an hour away from small mountains (Magalisburg), about 4 hours from bigger mountains (Drakensburg) and maybe 6 hours from the coast, and the country in general is beautiful.

Gail: Check out the second story on this page[/url]. You'll get a chuckle out of it.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (5/15/2009)

Gail: Check out the second story on this page[/url]. You'll get a chuckle out of it.

Hehe. That's not an uncommon comment. I showed someone a photo of me (attached) once (the same one I use as an avatar here) and their next question was along the lines of 'Is that how you get to work?' (asked seriously)

Anyone like to guess where that photo was actually taken?

Loved the 'twit' in the comments too:

"Seriously, guy doesn't even recognise the capital city of South Africa!

Oh wait, or is that Johannesburg...? "

It's neither. The capital's Pretoria.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 4,486 through 4,500 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply