Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Roy Ernest (5/20/2009)

All of you need a vacation... You have all gone crazy.... 😛

I've always maintained I'd have to drive a long ways in reverse to get back to crazy.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Jan Van der Eecken (5/21/2009)

Help, he is back!

I'm ->||<- that close to telling him to

right click the table

select open

scroll to the last row which should be full of "nulls"

start typing

• Samuel Vella (5/21/2009)

I'm ->||<- that close to telling him to

right click the table

select open

scroll to the last row which should be full of "nulls"

start typing

How do you right click? PLEASE SHOW ME!

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (5/21/2009)

Good point, it'll probably turn out he's left handed and has the mouse buttons switched over

• Samuel Vella (5/21/2009)

Grant Fritchey (5/21/2009)

Good point, it'll probably turn out he's left handed and has the mouse buttons switched over

Write click? C L I C K

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Help, he is back!

Jan, just walk away. Walk away. NO, stop. Walk away. JAN! Stop!

:w00t:

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (5/21/2009)

Jan Van der Eecken (5/21/2009)

Help, he is back!

Just like Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail -> "Run away, Run away!"

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (5/21/2009)

Alvin Ramard (5/21/2009)

Help, he is back!

Just like Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail -> "Run away, Run away!"

Would someone please take my keyboard away? :crazy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

Jack Corbett (5/21/2009)

Alvin Ramard (5/21/2009)

Help, he is back!

... and miss what you might do with it? NO

Alvin Ramard

• Alvin Ramard (5/21/2009)

Jack Corbett (5/21/2009)

Alvin Ramard (5/21/2009)

Help, he is back!

... and miss what you might do with it? NO

I was really thinking of shoving it down his throat, but my integrity is too constrained theis FinYear :hehe:

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Would anyone mind if I asked him how he got this job if he can't even figure out how to read error messages and complete simple tasks?

• Lynn Pettis (5/21/2009)

Would anyone mind if I asked him how he got this job if he can't even figure out how to read error messages and complete simple tasks?

hmmm, I sure wouldn't mind.

Alvin Ramard

• Lynn Pettis (5/21/2009)

Would anyone mind if I asked him how he got this job if he can't even figure out how to read error messages and complete simple tasks?

Actually, no. That would be really interesting information. And find out what he's getting paid while you're at it.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• You have my blessing, Lynn!

Will check back later tonight, gotta rush off to baseball.

• Oh yay. 🙁

Another email accusing me of personal attacks and damaging someone's public image by 'misleading' people about his statements.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.....

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 4,696 through 4,710 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply