Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Would be fascinating to know who 'flamed' Gail. Personally I would love to take a look at the discussion that prompted it and take the opportunity to vent some of today's frustrations on the perpetrator. ICBMs with pork chop warheads ready...

• Paul White (5/21/2009)

Would be fascinating to know who 'flamed' Gail. Personally I would love to take a look at the discussion that prompted it and take the opportunity to vent some of today's frustrations on the perpetrator. ICBMs with pork chop warheads ready...

So would I. I'd like to see the thread this occurred on as well. Curious as to what caused the confrontation.

• GilaMonster (5/21/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/21/2009)

Are we talking about our window washer friend here?

No. It's someone who answers questions, not asks. (no one here, obviously)

Steve: Apologies in advance if this results in work for you. I did tell the person to take it up with you if he thought there had been a lack of respect or politeness.

Mail me if you need to discuss. Am going offline for the night.

Was that mr. A.P ? Yeah, he's pretty full of himself. I got a condescending missive from him his first week here about my bad advice on corporate matters. Feh. I've forgotten more about wrangling the corporate hierarchy than he'll ever know.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Paul White (5/21/2009)

Would be fascinating to know who 'flamed' Gail.

[font="Verdana"]Can't get rid of mental image of a posse of baseball-bat wielding DBA's wanting to chat about kneecap concurrency...[/font]

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/21/2009)

Sinanju, haven't read that in a long, long time.

Yeah, wow! I haven't read a Remo & Chuin story in over 20 years (I stopped around #50).

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• Greg Edwards (5/21/2009)

Florian Reischl (5/21/2009)

I don't who's the target person (and I don't have to). Maybe a language problem? Sometimes words have different meanings in different languages.

Ill never forget Chevrolet took several years to figure out why the Nova didn't sell well in Brazil.

They finally realized Nova meant 'no go' to the locals. :w00t:

Myth. Never happened. Nova means "new" in Latin and sounds like the word for new in most Latin languages. More here: http://spanish.about.com/cs/culture/a/chevy_nova.htm

[/font]

• My name is John and I'm a threadaholic.....

I have to share this with folks who will understand. I believe I will be dreaming tonight of warrior women hurling ninja fighting stars and headless voles at men in coveralls who have nothing but buckets and squeegees to defend themselves, yet who continue to ask, "Where is this 'sponge' of which you speak? And how can I extend my ladder?"

• john.arnott (5/21/2009)

My name is John and I'm a threadaholic.....

I have to share this with folks who will understand. I believe I will be dreaming tonight of warrior women hurling ninja fighting stars and headless voles at men in coveralls who have nothing but buckets and squeegees to defend themselves, yet who continue to ask, "Where is this 'sponge' of which you speak? And how can I extend my ladder?"

You took the brown acid, didn't you?

😀

[/font]

• Bruce W Cassidy (5/21/2009)

Paul White (5/21/2009)

Would be fascinating to know who 'flamed' Gail.

[font="Verdana"]Can't get rid of mental image of a posse of baseball-bat wielding DBA's wanting to chat about kneecap concurrency...[/font]

LOL!!!

Yeah...like we are that cool :distressed:

• Nice post Lynn, you really deserve the 'Saint' title.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Hi everybody! I see that "The Thread" is now focusing on bad replies, so please let me know: was this http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost721477.aspx really a bad reply? Did I deserve the response I got? Should I stop posting? Should I learn English at last?

-- Gianluca Sartori

• GilaMonster (5/21/2009)

Oh yay. 🙁

Another email accusing me of personal attacks and damaging someone's public image by 'misleading' people about his statements.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.....

You are not by any chance taking about this one and his subsequent response to GS? Honestly, I would find paragraphs 2 and 3 quite offending if they were directed at me.

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Gianluca Sartori (5/22/2009)

Hi everybody! I see that "The Thread" is now focusing on bad replies, so please let me know: was this http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost721477.aspx really a bad reply? Did I deserve the response I got? Should I stop posting? Should I learn English at last?

That's the one I was referring to just now. To answer your question, I think it was a good reply, especially considering that the focus of the thread had long diverted from the OP's problem.

Keep it up, boet.

• Gianluca Sartori (5/22/2009)

Hi everybody! I see that "The Thread" is now focusing on bad replies, so please let me know: was this http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost721477.aspx really a bad reply? Did I deserve the response I got? Should I stop posting? Should I learn English at last?

Wow he gave you a roasting didn't he. I read the thread and No I can't work out why either. (I also learned something new from the thread so thanks)

Don't stop posting.

• Honestly, I would find paragraphs 2 and 3 quite offending if they were directed at me.

I'm sorry, I don't know English well enough to understand if you are referring to my post or some other. Can you please be more explicit?

If I was offending, please tell me: how should I have behaved? Is the problem with diversion from the OP? Honestly I'm just trying to do my best, so if I did something wrong tell me and I'll stop.

Thank you very much

-- Gianluca Sartori

Viewing 15 posts - 4,741 through 4,755 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply