Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Eirikur Eiriksson (5/20/2015)

GilaMonster (5/20/2015)

Eirikur Eiriksson (5/20/2015)

This would be the one that wants to fix ugly queries with a sprinkle of hint perfume when all that's needed is a good shower/rewrite.

😎

It appears I haven't managed to run across that one yet. Maybe I should keep it that way.

Barge Pole

😎

No, needs something much longer than that

Tom

• jasona.work (5/21/2015)

If I bring up the fact that I've not read The Thread from start to finish, does my secret SSC decoder ring get taken away?

:w00t:

So that's the reason I don't have one? I was expecting to get it after the first 10,000 points. :hehe:

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

If I bring up the fact that I've not read The Thread from start to finish, does my secret SSC decoder ring get taken away?

YES, so you better keep that hushed.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Greg Edwards-268690 (5/21/2015)

David Burrows (5/21/2015)

Sean Lange (5/21/2015)

cunningham (5/21/2015)

soooo this is where you lot go to blow off steam!

Yes indeed!!! Welcome to the "water cooler" commonly referred to as "the thread". 😀

Meh! The water is rarely cool, normally it's boiling 😛 :w00t:

How fitting!

All the best water coolers are fine for making tea or hot chocolate or even coffee (provided you don't want real coffee, just instant mud).

If you want cool water in a properly disorganised kitchen, you'll find it in bottles in the fridge.

Tom

• Grant Fritchey (5/21/2015)

jasona.work (5/21/2015)

Duh!

Yes.

...yawa nekat saw gnir redoced ym ecnis detsop sah enoyna gnihtyna daer t`nac I woN ...taerG

Brandie Tarvin (5/21/2015)

Lynn Pettis (5/21/2015)

cunningham (5/21/2015)

soooo this is where you lot go to blow off steam!

Welcome to The Thread! Now that you are here, you really should spend a few months reading the thread from the beginning, you will learn many non SQL related things.

And don't mind the hippo, he just guards the Tent in the Desert.

Do beware of the pork chop launcher, though. That's a doozy!

Yeah, no safeties and a hair trigger. We like it like that, but keep your head down.

And it's always loaded. A safety just gets in the way anyway. 😀

Grant Fritchey (5/21/2015)

jasona.work (5/21/2015)

Duh!

Yes.

...yawa nekat saw gnir redoced ym ecnis detsop sah enoyna gnihtyna daer t`nac I woN ...taerG

You can have it back if you'll stop making my head hurt.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

jasona.work (5/21/2015)

jasona.work (5/21/2015)

Duh!

Yes.

Agreed, but I have to give credit where credit is due. I never thought of using the reverse function to ready a forum post. 1 point for resourcefulness.

• I was going to post this as a reply to this item: Distributed Replay Client but figured why post nothing of value to the topic at hand?

So instead, here's the comment I didn't make:

I was going to post this as a reply to this item: Distributed Replay Client but figured why post nothing of value to the topic at hand?

haha!

I was going to post this as a reply to this item: Distributed Replay Client but figured why post nothing of value to the topic at hand?

Except there's a follow up tweet (a reply to a reply, so it shows up as a thread), with what I figured out was the cause of the error, so I'm not committing this sin. When I hit it and tried google I got 0 hits.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Ed Wagner (5/21/2015)

jasona.work (5/21/2015)

jasona.work (5/21/2015)

Duh!

Yes.

Agreed, but I have to give credit where credit is due. I never thought of using the reverse function to ready a forum post. 1 point for resourcefulness.

Wait? There's a function I could've used to reverse my text, rather than doing it in Notepad?

Um, yeah, that's exactly what I did...

Really...

:hehe:

• GilaMonster (5/21/2015)

I checked MSDB, there are no missing backups

2 hours later

There's a problem, the query on MSDB showed a transaction log backup that's missing.

Hmmm. Or is this quantum backups, it's both missing and there until someone looks and collapses the waveform?

Dr. Samuel Beckett has used DBCC Timewarp() in one of his leaps.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

YES!

And you are officially no longer part of the SQL Conspiracy. Banned for LIFE!

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

jasona.work (5/21/2015)

Duh!

Yes.

Oh, heavens. Zatara has taken over Jason's account.

Or maybe he was Zatara in disguise all along.

Viewing 15 posts - 48,541 through 48,555 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply