Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/24/2009)

Not a bad apology. There's hope.

His comments are for the person who offered help after he had already solved his problem. There's no mention of the people that tried to help earlier. THere may be hope, but not a big sign of it yet.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/24/2009)

That's an apology?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (5/24/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (5/24/2009)

That's an apology?

Ok, so I guess I did not misread it. I agree with you Gail.

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• He is rude, plain and simple.

Why did he wait for Ike's response when he obviously solved it earlier .

Hope his company give him an access to their production servers and let him Administer them, now that is an interesting idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• Maybe it depends on my English but I find neither a apologize nor anything rude.

• perhaps not an apology, a thank you.

• I have to agree that in recent memory, the questions posted have become too fundamental and/or too inane. My observation is that, probably, in hard economic times, some very senior people have been fired and some very junior people have been left to pick up the pieces.

For instance, I recently saw a blog question title that read something like this:

"Urgent! Need to know how to count the number of rows in a table!".

This is a Junior Programmer type question from someone who has been told to become the company's defacto DBA.

The more I see of these, and in spite of the dreadful economy we are in, I consider them to be markers for my continued job security as a SQL Server DBA.

:^)

LC

• crainlee2 (5/25/2009)

For instance, I recently saw a blog question title that read something like this:

"Urgent! Need to know how to count the number of rows in a table!".

This is a Junior Programmer type question from someone who has been told to become the company's defacto DBA.

:^)

LC

Not even a "Junior" question. My fourteen year-old daughter could answer that! 😉 And that's a company getting exactly what it deserves!

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• They need a new how-to book: SQL for Window-Washers.

I keep telling you Lynn, just don't look at his stuff and you will enjoy much more serenity.

😛

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Hey, How are you all getting on to the site? The only page that works for me is this. Rest of them gives me a zonal error. 🙁

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (5/26/2009)

Hey, How are you all getting on to the site? The only page that works for me is this. Rest of them gives me a zonal error. 🙁

Works fine for me.

Alvin Ramard

• Bob Hovious (5/26/2009)

They need a new how-to book: SQL for Window-Washers.

I keep telling you Lynn, just don't look at his stuff and you will enjoy much more serenity.

😛

It's like a train wreck, you just can't take your eyes off of it.

• Lynn Pettis (5/26/2009)

Bob Hovious (5/26/2009)

😛

It's like a train wreck, you just can't take your eyes off of it.

And the light at the end of the tunnel? It's another oncoming train.

Alvin Ramard

• Bob Hovious (5/26/2009)

😛

And then the sequel: Window Washing for SQL Server Washouts

Alvin Ramard

• Roy Ernest (5/26/2009)

Hey, How are you all getting on to the site? The only page that works for me is this. Rest of them gives me a zonal error. 🙁

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic723332-433-1.aspx

Someone forgot to transfer a DNS... :unsure:

I can see everything but the front page.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 4,846 through 4,860 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply