Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Everything should be up. We moved DNS this morning to a new service, though ZoneEdit started working last night. Try CTRL+F5 and see if that reloads the proper page. Windows sometimes does some strange DNS caching.

If not, the WHOIS servers are receiving the new information, but they won't guarantee a propagation in less than 48 hours, so my guess is tomorrow sometime everything will be OK.

• We are approaching the next big Party Time for The Thread. I suspect we'll hit 5,000 posts early in June with a possibility of it occuring by May 31st.

• Control F5 did the trick. I was getting withdrawal symptoms of not able to see the site... :hehe:

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (5/26/2009)

Control F5 did the trick. I was getting withdrawal symptoms of not able to see the site... :hehe:

Me too!

• in hard economic times, some very senior people have been fired and some very junior people have been left to pick up the pieces.

This is a Junior Programmer type question from someone who has been told to become the company's defacto DBA.

I consider them to be markers for my continued job security as a SQL Server DBA.

I guess it comes down to whether or not the company values a good DBA. If they don't, the better you are the less job security you have.

• I just shook my head at how even the "I got it solved" post seems to indicate lack of understanding.

I already solved the problem by using SSMS or Import/export wizard.

OK. So which was it? SSMS? Import/Export (SSIS)? WTF....

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/26/2009)

Everything should be up. We moved DNS this morning to a new service, though ZoneEdit started working last night. Try CTRL+F5 and see if that reloads the proper page. Windows sometimes does some strange DNS caching.

If not, the WHOIS servers are receiving the new information, but they won't guarantee a propagation in less than 48 hours, so my guess is tomorrow sometime everything will be OK.

I haven't received a daily e-mail since the Friday edition. Could that be related to your move, or do I need to talk to my company's e-mail administrator about "white-listing" SSC?

• john.arnott (5/26/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (5/26/2009)

Everything should be up. We moved DNS this morning to a new service, though ZoneEdit started working last night. Try CTRL+F5 and see if that reloads the proper page. Windows sometimes does some strange DNS caching.

I haven't received a daily e-mail since the Friday edition. Could that be related to your move, or do I need to talk to my company's e-mail administrator about "white-listing" SSC?

I just realized that I haven't received the newsletter since Friday as well. I received the Database Weekly one from the 25th, but not the normal SSC one. I'm still getting thread notifications as well.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• I just realized that I haven't received the newsletter since Friday as well. I received the Database Weekly one from the 25th, but not the normal SSC one. I'm still getting thread notifications as well.

Of course, now that I checked the newsletter archives it seems there haven't been any newsletters published since the one with the subject line of "Mathematical Auditing Of Email Broadcasts (SQLServerCentral.com 5/22/2009)"

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• the newsletters got messed up over the weekend as well. Tomorrow should have them going back out on schedule.

• OMG, you really have to be kidding here...

• Lynn Pettis (5/26/2009)

OMG, you really have to be kidding here...

Notice, more than 800 points.

• Florian Reischl (5/27/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/26/2009)

Sigh!

😎

• Florian Reischl (5/27/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/26/2009)

Lots and lots of questions.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Right then.

Given the wealth of knowledge and talent around these parts, who's up for writing the perfect collaborative-effort book on indexing?

We could all get fabulously rich!!! :w00t:

Paul

Viewing 15 posts - 4,861 through 4,875 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply