Are the posted questions getting worse?

• GSquared (5/27/2009)

True enough, except for the horse part. You actually can make a horse drink, if you hold its nose underwater (I used to ride horses almost every day and used that trick a few times). But that's facts ruining a perfectly good cliche.

OF course a horse is much bigger than me so I may not be able to get its nose in the water. I wonder what Steve's wife, Tia, would have to say about that trick 😛

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Ahhh, no more horses! They're everywhere.

I think Tia could get a horse to drink. She does some amazing things with horses. she got one to play fetch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd6pxo1qYgE) and bow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ5DBooNE60)

• I would expect The Thread to come back for a visit and try for number 5000.

Greg E

• Greg Edwards (5/27/2009)

I would expect The Thread to come back for a visit and try for number 5000.

Greg E

Or just wait for Roy!

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• I think I got the 3000th post. A celebration party was set up on my side of the world.... 🙂 Now this time I am giving the chance to someone else.:-D

-Roy

• Where are we again? Oh yea,

44 bottles of beer on the wall, 44 bottles of beer! Take one down, pass it around, 43 bottles of beer on the wall!

• Roy Ernest (5/27/2009)

I think I got the 3000th post. A celebration party was set up on my side of the world.... 🙂 Now this time I am giving the chance to someone else.:-D

"Dreamer"

• Roy Ernest (5/27/2009)

That is my point, You, Gail, Lynn,Steve and many others have been saying that this is not be done. These are the consequences. But the same person who gave the solution as Truncate only after reading all this will give the same answer in the next thread that comes along with the same kind of problem....

And Terry, Jeffrey or I (or a few others) will come along afterwards, explain why it's a bad idea and tell them what they should have done instead. Hey, it keeps our posting rate up.

My favourite was someone posting the output of CheckDB with loads of damaged pages in the cluster/heap and with the final statement of CheckDB's output "minimum level to repair these errors REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS"

Person asked "If I run CheckDB with the REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS, will I lose data?"

Um, let me think......

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (5/27/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/27/2009)

Florian Reischl (5/27/2009)

@Lynn:

Congratulation for 7k points! 🙂

Thanks! 😉

Yeah, congrats. Noticed that you were top of the 'most frequent posters' list yesterday.

Hey, congrats from me too, Lynn! Sorry I missed it, but some guy is breathing down my neck on the leader board and won't let up! ... 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Lynn Pettis (5/27/2009)

You know, we may hit 5,000 before May 31st!! :w00t:

Actually, we'll hit it in less than 24 hours.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• RBarryYoung (5/27/2009)

GilaMonster (5/27/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/27/2009)

@Lynn:

Thanks! 😉

Yeah, congrats. Noticed that you were top of the 'most frequent posters' list yesterday.

Hey, congrats from me too, Lynn! Sorry I missed it, but some guy is breathing down my neck on the leader board and won't let up! ... 🙂

Wouldn't happen to be a little green dude, would it? 😉

You know, I wish I knew how to edit jpg's, I'd change it a bit so Yoda was holding a can of Diet Dr. Pepper.

• Heh. My turn: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic724398-22-1.aspx?Update=1

grrrr... :angry:

[/font]

• GilaMonster (5/27/2009)

Roy Ernest (5/27/2009)

That is my point, You, Gail, Lynn,Steve and many others have been saying that this is not be done. These are the consequences. But the same person who gave the solution as Truncate only after reading all this will give the same answer in the next thread that comes along with the same kind of problem....

And Terry, Jeffrey or I (or a few others) will come along afterwards, explain why it's a bad idea and tell them what they should have done instead. Hey, it keeps our posting rate up.

My favourite was someone posting the output of CheckDB with loads of damaged pages in the cluster/heap and with the final statement of CheckDB's output "minimum level to repair these errors REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS"

Person asked "If I run CheckDB with the REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS, will I lose data?"

Um, let me think......

Um.....No?

• Lynn Pettis (5/27/2009)

RBarryYoung (5/27/2009)

GilaMonster (5/27/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/27/2009)

@Lynn:

Thanks! 😉

Wouldn't happen to be a little green dude, would it? 😉

Yeah, tenacious little bugger! Why, do you know him? 😀

You know, I wish I knew how to edit jpg's, I'd change it a bit so Yoda was holding a can of Diet Dr. Pepper.

I use Paint.net (free download, don't have the link handy...).

[/font]

• RBarryYoung (5/27/2009)

Heh. My turn: http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic724398-22-1.aspx?Update=1

grrrr... :angry:

If you are interested about the answer:

Embedding SQL Server Express into Custom Applications

(Until MSDE 2.0 it was handled with merge modules.)

😉

Viewing 15 posts - 4,951 through 4,965 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply