Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Roy Ernest (5/28/2009)

GilaMonster (5/28/2009)

Grant Fritchey (5/28/2009)

GilaMonster (5/28/2009)

I hate dogs. Little ones I just dislike, big ones actually scare me.

Sorry to hear it. I love big dogs. We have an 80lb German Shephard, Maximus. He's a giant baby doll. Sounds like a frigging balrog when he barks though. I hate to think about the mess we'd have to clean up if some criminal got as far as the door before Max barked at him...

My former landlord had 2 big dogs. Bull Terriers, I think (I'm no expert on dog breeds). They were intended as guard dogs, bought as puppies and he didn't train them, just let them run loose.

On day one of them took exception to me hanging my laundry in the garden.

Now I know why you dislike/scared/hate dogs. It makes perfect sense.....

As long as we don't start comparing the intensities of Cricket vs. Soccer vs. Baseball, three of the less speedy sports. We may arouse some patriotic fervour. (Oh, and don't forget Curling)

Gaby

• john.arnott (5/22/2009)

Christopher Stobbs (5/22/2009)

Which is why I like Rugby, as "hardcore" and rough a sport as it is, there is hardly ever any swearing at the ref, and if there was it would be dealt immediately 🙂

Lynn funny you mentioned that have you red this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8043277.stm

So I guess there's some truth to the old chestnut that "Soccer is a gentleman's sport played by ruffians and rugby is a ruffian's sport played by gentlemen."

Rugby is a ruffian's sport played by drunks . . .

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (5/28/2009)

john.arnott (5/22/2009)

Christopher Stobbs (5/22/2009)

Which is why I like Rugby, as "hardcore" and rough a sport as it is, there is hardly ever any swearing at the ref, and if there was it would be dealt immediately 🙂

Lynn funny you mentioned that have you red this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8043277.stm

So I guess there's some truth to the old chestnut that "Soccer is a gentleman's sport played by ruffians and rugby is a ruffian's sport played by gentlemen."

Rugby is a ruffian's sport played by drunks . . .

It's not so bad, if you're into toothless smiles and bawdy limericks. 😀

Gaby

• Cricket. The only game that you can watch for 5 min every 2 hours and still catch all the action.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (5/28/2009)

Cricket. The only game that you can watch for 5 min every 2 hours and still catch all the action.

That has changed with the introduction of 20/20. Faster pace, Big hits and dancing girls... 😉

-Roy

• At least in cricket, you take the bat with you when you run. Something I think would add a lot of much-needed excitement to baseball. (We can start the little ones out with Nerf bats in the peewee leagues.)

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious (5/28/2009)

At least in cricket, you take the bat with you when you run. Something I think would add a lot of much-needed excitement to baseball. (We can start the little ones out with Nerf bats in the peewee leagues.)

Nope that would only add excitement to baseball if you were allowed to clock the 1st baseman in the ribs to make him drop the ball as he was catching it.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Roy Ernest (5/28/2009)

GilaMonster (5/28/2009)

Cricket. The only game that you can watch for 5 min every 2 hours and still catch all the action.

That has changed with the introduction of 20/20. Faster pace, Big hits and dancing girls... 😉

Cause the 5 day marathons were so boring no one was watching them.

I watched one of the IPL games earlier this month. Parents are cricket fans and I visited them one sat. Cricket was on.

Very glad I took a book with me.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Of course if that was the case you'd probably need to carry more fielders than pitchers for the first time in a long time. You know every so often someone would take a bat to the back of the head. Ouch.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• I love cricket. To be honest, that is the only physical sport I really love. I actually prefer watching the five day matches. The technique, the patience and the aggressiveness comes out only in that version. There were couple of games this IPL that was very good. Lots of Dull matches as well.

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (5/28/2009)

I love cricket. To be honest, that is the only physical sport I really love. I actually prefer watching the five day matches. The technique, the patience and the aggressiveness comes out only in that version. There were couple of games this IPL that was very good. Lots of Dull matches as well.

I really, really tried to understand the rules of Cricket. Every time someone begins to explain it to me, I nod politely. It's like someone is always starting in the middle of a rulebook when someone bravely attempts to explain it to me.

Gaby

• Nope that would only add excitement to baseball if you were allowed to clock the 1st baseman in the ribs to make him drop the ball as he was catching it.

Of course if that was the case you'd probably need to carry more fielders than pitchers for the first time in a long time. You know every so often someone would take a bat to the back of the head. Ouch.

So we armor up the guys in the infield with flak jackets, pads and helmets, and then let them physically block the runners from touching the bases......

This is promising $!$!$ 😀

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• I thought I'd seen everything....

Anyone (preferably someone who's telepathic or precog) want to tackle these?

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic725415-8-1.aspx

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic725410-8-1.aspx

Gail Shaw

• I liked the thread about the table Status.... 😀

-Roy

• Tom Brown (5/27/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/26/2009)

OMG, you really have to be kidding here...

As a complete and totally unrelated aside: -

There's a character called Trigger in the BBC comedy Only Fools 'n' Horses http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/onlyfools/uncovered/trigger.shtml

Why 'Trigger' - I always thought it was because he was sooo intellectually quick witted.

Trigger was Roy Rogers' horse, that was my first thought on seeing the title of the show.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

Viewing 15 posts - 5,071 through 5,085 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply