Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Kit G (5/28/2009)

jcrawf02 (5/28/2009)

Tom Brown (5/27/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/26/2009)

OMG, you really have to be kidding here...

As a complete and totally unrelated aside: -

There's a character called Trigger in the BBC comedy Only Fools 'n' Horses http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/onlyfools/uncovered/trigger.shtml

Why 'Trigger' - I always thought it was because he was sooo intellectually quick witted.

Trigger was Roy Rogers' horse, that was my first thought on seeing the title of the show.

According to Wikipedia, the character in Only Fools 'n' Horses was named Trigger because he apparently looked like a horse. Can't judge that one as I haven't seen the show, but that's what Wikipedia says (and we ALL know that Wikipedia is NEVER wrong... most of the time...)

Just put "Only Fools And Horses Trigger" into YouTube - there are loads of examples of his intellectual prowess.

I've been watching a few while waiting for SharePoint Designer to respond

And apparantly he was called Trigger because he looked like a horse.

• Bob Hovious

That is an impressive number of views. I always felt that The Thread is a large part of what makes SSC seem more like a community, rather than just a forum. I know I have profited by being able to learn from all of you in the past year or so, but I also feel as if I have joined something good here.

Does anyone else see it that way?

YES, YES, YES

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• bitbucket (5/28/2009)

Bob Hovious

That is an impressive number of views. I always felt that The Thread is a large part of what makes SSC seem more like a community, rather than just a forum. I know I have profited by being able to learn from all of you in the past year or so, but I also feel as if I have joined something good here.

Does anyone else see it that way?

YES, YES, YES

Certainly

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Help. I can't remember the procedure I need to run to sync orphaned users in a database. Please help me.....

• Lynn Pettis (5/28/2009)

Help. I can't remember the procedure I need to run to sync orphaned users in a database. Please help me.....

sp_find_Daddy and sp_find_Mommy? Or was that xp_?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (5/28/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/28/2009)

Help. I can't remember the procedure I need to run to sync orphaned users in a database. Please help me.....

sp_find_Daddy and sp_find_Mommy? Or was that xp_?

Sorry Alvin, I'm serious right now. I need to sync a login so we can do some work.

But, you know what, that is funny! :w00t:

• sp_change_users_login 'Report'

rings a bell, from memory.

• sp_change_users_login (deprecated) or ALTER USER

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Lynn Pettis (5/28/2009)

sp_change_users_login

Aaargh! that proc!!! - I can never ever remember its name - luckily Matt (sat next to me) did 🙂

• Chris Morris (5/28/2009)

There's gonna be a queue behind you on this one, Paul. Wait a minute..."W"...you're gonna be somewhere near the end.

Chris, the best index is a descending index IMO 😎

• GilaMonster (5/28/2009)

Anyone (preferably someone who's telepathic or precog) want to tackle these?

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic725415-8-1.aspx

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic725410-8-1.aspx

Outstanding. Just totally awesome in its awesomeness.

How could I resist? 😉

• Don't forget sp_help_revlogin - if you need to create the logins on a new server.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Tom Brown (5/28/2009)

sp_change_users_login 'Report'

rings a bell, from memory.

Thank you. Also, Gail, just saw your post as well. I'll have to research that one more so I know more about it.

Again, Thank you. The Thread works wonders! Need to keep that one to ourselfs, though.

• Okay! Any one in Germany near Frankfurt? Maybe has a teen age (around 18 year old) son or daughter (preferably)?

And yes I am serious. I have a teenage daughter who paid for her own trip to Germany and is currently not having a very good time like she had hoped.

• Okay, Now that I have caught up on all the posts. I have to agree, this thread has added a lot to SSC.

Truely a place we can go and talk about anything, and even learn something new once in awhile.

And, it does serve as a place to seek additional help for others when we find ourselves at the end of our own knowledge.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,101 through 5,115 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply