Are the posted questions getting worse?

• RBarryYoung (7/10/2009)

Gaby Abed (7/9/2009)

There is a term for lovers of the long word: Sesquipedalian

Is it a hobby or a condition? 😀

Condition, definitely. Not quite as sure what condition, but I *think* it is the condition of being 75 (and older?).

Oh I see, I got Sesquipedalian confused with Semisesquigenarian (is that even a word?), oh well... 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Lynn Pettis (7/10/2009)

On a totally different subject, Anyone hear from Bob lately? Haven't seen him on SSC for a while.

That's odd - I was just wondering the same thing, on the same day, and when I logged in, you had beaten me to the question...

• RBarryYoung (7/10/2009)

[Are] DBA's denormalized?

[font="Verdana"]Yep! We join data warehouse/BI teams. :w00t:[/font]

• Lynn Pettis (7/10/2009)

On a totally different subject, Anyone hear from Bob lately? Haven't seen him on SSC for a while.

For that matter, anyone heard from Grant? I think he may be on vacation, anyone know for sure?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (7/13/2009)

Lynn Pettis (7/10/2009)

For that matter, anyone heard from Grant? I think he may be on vacation, anyone know for sure?

Come to think of it, no, I don't recall seeing him on SSC lately either. Hope nothing is wrong with him and that he is on vacation.

• Lynn Pettis (7/13/2009)

GilaMonster (7/13/2009)

Lynn Pettis (7/10/2009)

Come to think of it, no, I don't recall seeing him on SSC lately either. Hope nothing is wrong with him and that he is on vacation.

Got answer. He's been on vacation

http://twitter.com/GFritchey/status/2599298092

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

Lynn Pettis (7/10/2009)

That's creepy. I get back from vacation, click on a recent Thread email and it's this one. Yikes.

I'm going with Mark Twain.

Anyway, good to be back. I'll be diving back in as I clear things out & catch up.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• You can lead a horse to water but you cant force him to drink

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic751918-8-2.aspx?Update=1

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Dave Ballantyne (7/13/2009)

You can lead a horse to water but you cant force him to drink

On second thoughts, I think I'm leaving that thread alone...

tatcalltype ='null'

Why.....

Gail Shaw

Heh... well... you can if you don't mind getting your lips dirty. I'm going to leave that one alone, though.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (7/13/2009)

Dave Ballantyne (7/13/2009)

Heh... well... you can if you don't mind getting your lips dirty. I'm going to leave that one alone, though.

Wow - I think you just "cleared the table" with that one....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Matt Miller (7/13/2009)

Jeff Moden (7/13/2009)

Dave Ballantyne (7/13/2009)

Wow - I think you just "cleared the table" with that one....

Wow. Now there's an image I wish weren't stuck in my head... :w00t:

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Did "the Thread" just eat itself? It disappeared from the recent posts query....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

Obviously the horse is trying to drink from two springs at the same time. Here's the other one:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost751591.aspx

To stay with the picture:

To me it looks more like the horse is closer to death by drowning (in SQL "mysteries")... 😉

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

tatcalltype ='null'Why.....

Oh Lordy. I just found the full line:

update Auditdata set tatcalltype = 'null' where tatcalltype is null

:sick:

Viewing 15 posts - 6,586 through 6,600 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply