Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Jack Corbett (7/28/2009)

Dave, nothing scheduled until September now. If I'd have known a couple weeks ago we could have maybe gotten something done in August. Our group meets every other month normally, but we have made exceptions when we have a speaker who can make an off month, but not a normal month.

I live about 2 hours away from you per Google maps. Let me know if you want me to show up at any point.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Congratulations to Grant for winning the "Best Thing I Learned at PASS Summit" contest. 😀

-Roy

• Jan Van der Eecken (7/29/2009)

Lynn Pettis (7/28/2009)

Might be E3L (or ETL, but then that might be cofused as something else), English as 3rd Language; as opposed to ESL, English as Second language.

:ermm: Yes, that's what I meant, English as a third language. Can't even get my acronyms right.

"English as a Second Language" ends up as ESL, so I guess "English as a Third Language" would be ETL. Use that accronym for it in this crowd and you'll definitely generate more confusion than even 3LESP got. 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Thanks Roy.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• GSquared (7/29/2009)

Jack Corbett (7/28/2009)

Dave, nothing scheduled until September now. If I'd have known a couple weeks ago we could have maybe gotten something done in August. Our group meets every other month normally, but we have made exceptions when we have a speaker who can make an off month, but not a normal month.

I live about 2 hours away from you per Google maps. Let me know if you want me to show up at any point.

I'll definitely be taking you up on that!

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Anyone else see anything odd about this person's posting history?

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/UserInfo816418.aspx

:sigh:

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Luke L (7/29/2009)

Anyone else see anything odd about this person's posting history?

Not really, no.

But you know, I was just thinking... If I had RAQ Report, I think it would solve ALL my problems. I'm not sure where that idea came from.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Luke L (7/29/2009)

Anyone else see anything odd about this person's posting history?

He is just shelling for RAQ Report... 🙂 Maybe he gets paid to do that..:-)

-Roy

• Anyone else want to tell this guy NOT to shrink his databases?

Jack Corbett

• Jack Corbett (7/29/2009)

Anyone else want to tell this guy NOT to shrink his databases?

Okay, I joined in with you.

I dont think I will need to tell him as well. All of you have already made it very clear that it is a very very very bad idea... 😀

-Roy

Looks to me like he got the point.

Property of The Thread

• GSquared (7/29/2009)

Jack Corbett (7/29/2009)

Looks to me like he got the point.

Yeah, I didn't post it so it would be like piling on, but because more voices carry more weight.

Jack Corbett

I chimed in as well.......:-D

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• GSquared (7/29/2009)

Jan Van der Eecken (7/29/2009)

Lynn Pettis (7/28/2009)

Might be E3L (or ETL, but then that might be cofused as something else), English as 3rd Language; as opposed to ESL, English as Second language.

:ermm: Yes, that's what I meant, English as a third language. Can't even get my acronyms right.

"English as a Second Language" ends up as ESL, so I guess "English as a Third Language" would be ETL. Use that accronym for it in this crowd and you'll definitely generate more confusion than even 3LESP got. 🙂

Dear GSquare, or Gus if I may call you that. Thank you for your advice. I have taken it to my heart. Please forgive me if every now and again I do get it wrong, sometimes deliberately and sometimes not so intentionally. But then again, OP's do so as well, and I'm still very low down on the pecking order - point wise, so please forgive me if I slip up every now and again :unsure:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 7,051 through 7,065 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply