Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Teched over for another year. Good conference, lots of fun. Sessions went quite well and ratings (last time I checked) were very nice though final ratings will only be available later this month. My TechEd Online interview should be up in a couple weeks.

I am exhausted!!

Currently sitting in Durban airport waiting for my flight, and it looks like I'll be waiting a good while. flight was supposed to leave at 17h40. It's now 19h40 and I still have an hour and a half to wait. Much longer I'll get home tomorrow.

btw, if anyone want to see me 'play' guitar hero, there's a link on my blog to a youtube video. don't laugh too hard....

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • This I gotta see....

You guys rock, but the vocals are like nails on a blackboard.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• I was playing guitar, not singing

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• I know... otherwise I would never have dared to say that 😉

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious (8/5/2009)

I know... otherwise I would never have dared to say that 😉

LOL!!!

Gail, your intimidation skill must be out the roof!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• The woman plays with edged weapons, Gus.

She can punt my posterior physically as well as technically 😉

I say this with GREAT respect.

• Bob Hovious (8/5/2009)

The woman plays with edged weapons, Gus.

She can punt my posterior physically as well as technically 😉

I say this with GREAT respect.

I'll see your edged weapons and raise you firearms. 😀

Can't claim any great expertise with them, but I do go shooting periodically and can rip the heck out the paper targets. It's dangerous, expensive, unhealthy, and FUN!

But I dare you to find anyone who finds me the least bit intimidating, except from across a chessboard, or in a game of Trivial Pursuit. 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• [font="Verdana"]The part of the joke that wasn't necessarily obvious to the young'ns is that RPG is a generator. It generates COBOL code.

Oh, never mind. I thought it was funny.

[/font]

• But I dare you to find anyone who finds me the least bit intimidating, except from across a chessboard, or in a game of Trivial Pursuit. [Smile]

(1) P-K4

(2) What weapon or weapons were used to kill Dracula in the novel by Bram Stoker?

We can take this offline if you want to start a separate thread 😉

• Bob Hovious (8/5/2009)

I know... otherwise I would never have dared to say that 😉

I more meant in general. That wasn't the only session that I played, just the only one recorded. I'll stick to the guitars, they don't sound too bad when messed up. I have some photos (though no video) of the local Sharepoint MVP trying to sing.

Gail Shaw

• If you want singing.....

http://12seconds.tv/channel/CraigN/218481

On the left, Nicholas, an Exchange MVP. On the right, Zlatan, a Sharepoint MVP.

Gail Shaw

• Bruce W Cassidy (8/5/2009)

[font="Verdana"]The part of the joke that wasn't necessarily obvious to the young'ns is that RPG is a generator. It generates COBOL code.

Oh, never mind. I thought it was funny.

[/font]

If I'd only known that 30 years ago I could have saved all that time I wasted hand-coding Report Section code. Sigh. Oh, well. That was on an System 360 anyway.

---------

edit: fix fat-fingered spelling.

• gah (8/5/2009)

Bob Hovious (8/5/2009)

Hmmmm party encounters a Spamming Troll...

Roll 3xd10 for saving throws against annoying misspellings....

Wizard casts Ancient Programming Languages...

Elf has shot the food!

xyzzy 😀

I guess that sometimes the Thread does feel like a cave full of twisty passages, all alike.

• He's mine, please... all mine... pork chops in progress. I don't want to start a dog pile on him, but he's mine.

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic765935-8-1.aspx

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (8/5/2009)

He's mine, please... all mine... pork chops in progress. I don't want to start a dog pile on him, but he's mine.

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic765935-8-1.aspx

WOW! Jeff :w00t:

What tablets you on 'ol friend, you know they're not helping :crazy:

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

Viewing 15 posts - 7,186 through 7,200 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply