Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Alvin Ramard (10/2/2009)

Lynn Pettis (10/2/2009)

Ten thousand posts isn't that far off actually. All it takes is one hot topic to bring out a lot of posts.

One hot topic? I wonder how many posts we'll get in here during, and immediately after, the PASS conference.

To quote Pete Puma "Oh, three or four." gazillion.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Okay, here's an I can't read moment. 😛

• Lynn Pettis (10/2/2009)

Okay, here's an I can't read moment. 😛

I can't read it either!!!

Lynn, the link is not working for me. It tries to take me to

"http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/%3Cb%3EI%20can't%20read%3C/b%3E"

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Lynn Pettis (10/2/2009)

Now that is different. Let me check that out...

Lynn Pettis (10/2/2009)

Fixed the link. My fault.

• Lynn Pettis (10/2/2009)

Looks like the force may be weak in his neighborhood.

😎

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Have a great weekend guys!

Roy, near as I can tell the conversation following Lynn's dynamic tally table article has been diverting posts away from The Thread.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious 24601 (10/2/2009)

Have a great weekend guys!

Roy, near as I can tell the conversation following Lynn's dynamic tally table article has been diverting posts away from The Thread.

Have a great weekend too, Bob.

Alvin Ramard

• Hey, I liked Seth's reply to this one. You, Lynn, were way too saintly again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Jan Van der Eecken (10/2/2009)

Hey, I liked Seth's reply to this one. You, Lynn, were way too saintly again.

Looks like the OP was trying to generate dynamic SQL.

Edit:

I went back to read the thread. Call me guilty of trying to answer before reading all the posted answers.

duh!!!

Alvin Ramard

• Is this fair use of the forums by the way?

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

Is this fair use of the forums by the way?

I don't have a problem with it, personally. I know I'm probably not the best person to say that having asked for opinions on the stuff i'm making and getting a dressing-down, but I think things that benefit the community as a whole have to be good, and deserve at least a mention...

Atlantis Interactive - SQL Server Tools
    My blog[/url]
    Why I wrote a sql query analyzer clone

Considering the forum it was posted, and the content, I don't have a problem. Of course I won't be attending, Florida is just too far to travel to buy a signed book that I'd never use (at least I don't think I would).

Well we might soon know. Sent an email to the web master for SSC, (since Steve is on vacation unitil I think Oct 5th) lets see what he/she thinks about it. To me it was a blantant advertisement for the gullible who might think it is being recommended by SSC

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Was just asking because they guy who "advertised" his free tool, just to get some feedback a few weeks ago (forgot his name and exactly what it was) got bitterly flamed for doing so.

Viewing 15 posts - 8,311 through 8,325 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply