Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Bob Hovious 24601 (10/16/2009)

Black Ice

Shadowrun?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • jcrawf02 (10/16/2009)

Bob Hovious 24601 (10/16/2009)

Black Ice

Apparently you and Gus are on the same theory....

I do NOT have a theory! (I did not have relations with that theory...) I just think it would be fun for Canada to turn into one gargantuan hockey rink!

But I think Bob's reference was more along these lines http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusion_Countermeasures_Electronics. Check out the mention of Black ICE in the paragraph under the heading "Descriptions of ICE".

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GilaMonster (10/16/2009)

Black Ice

Shadowrun?

Amongst others.

Edit: I had a troll street Sam who wanted to be a member of the Humanis Polyclub. Hated metahumans. Too psychotic and stupid to realize he was one himself.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GilaMonster (10/16/2009)

Black Ice

Shadowrun?

Fallen Angels

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• I got the term from early William Gibson: Neuromancer / Count Zero, but Gus got it right with his link.

Did anyone here ever play a card game called "NetRunner"?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Grant Fritchey (10/16/2009)

GilaMonster (10/16/2009)

Black Ice

Shadowrun?

Fallen Angels

Fun book. I like the part where some kid protests about pollution on the moon destroying its ecosystem.

Property of The Thread

• Grant Fritchey (10/15/2009)

Jack Corbett (10/15/2009)

Okay threadiatics, if you have choice between putting data for multiple applications in 1 database because there is some common data or application specific databases?

Unless there's just oodles of common data, I'd put 'em in seperate db's. That's a reversal of a stand I took up until about 5 years ago for anyone that's monitoring.

BWAA-HAAA!!!! Too much work! Just put everything in one huge EAV. Just think of how easy it is to get an index seek that way. :-P:hehe:

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• jcrawf02 (10/16/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (10/16/2009)

whoop upside?

what's next, shocking keyboards? loud raspberries when someone responds?

Seconded, all in favor?:-D

Belt fed pork chop launcher sounds like more fun. 😛

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• I don't know, Jeff. After seeing the kindler/gentler you in action in that "urgent" thread that the OP never came back to, I'd say it's time for you to hang up the pork chops.

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Well, the graduation ceremony was great. We got to spend quite a bit of time with Kassondra Thursday and Friday, but it was a bit difficult saying goodbye again Friday night. It would have been great if she could have spent the weekend with us here in North Mrytle Beach.

This weekend is even more special. When we got here the condo we were supposed to get was given away, and they put us up in another in a different tower. It was still a real nice place, just didn't have a ocean view. We got a call this morning apologizing for the problem and they would move us over. A couple of hours later we got a call again saying they had a cancellation and we were being upgraded. We are spending the weekend in a Presidential Suite. It has 4 bedrooms and a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean.

What is even better, we got a call from Kassondra as she was at the Charlotte NC airport, 8 soldiers in uniform (including her) were called up the counter and upgraded to First Class for thier flight to Dallas TX. While they were walking around the airport waiting for their flight, several people thanked them for their service in the Army. She said it made her feel good.

Just heard from her. She said they were appaulded on the airplane as well. She really is not use to this kind of attention.

• One of her fellow soldiers was sitting next a lady who at the end of the flight handed her (not Kassondra) a note that said "thanks for serving" along with fourty dollars.

• Betty and I bought Proud Mom and Dad sweat jackets Thursday and were wearing them today coming back from the grocery store. We were coming up in the elevator and there was an older couple with us, they noticed our jackets and said congratulations. It makes you feel good.

• Lynn Pettis (10/17/2009)

What is even better, we got a call from Kassondra as she was at the Charlotte NC airport, 8 soldiers in uniform (including her) were called up the counter and upgraded to First Class for thier flight to Dallas TX. While they were walking around the airport waiting for their flight, several people thanked them for their service in the Army. She said it made her feel good.

What a difference only 3 decades makes. 😛 When I was in, we were actually advised to NOT travel in uniform or we'd likely be asked to ride in the landing gear bay.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• America learned, Jeff.

Lynn we are all grateful to your daughter and all those like her for their service and sacrifice. God bless her and keep her safe.

• Or maybe they've changed the rules now that Jeff isn't serving :-D:-P:w00t:

Viewing 15 posts - 8,656 through 8,670 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply