Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Guidelines that you've all read already, or if you haven't, then you will have read by the time you finish thinking that you should read them....

whatever..

Attention All Time Travelers

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (2/8/2010)

Guidelines that you've all read already, or if you haven't, then you will have read by the time you finish thinking that you should read them....

whatever..

Attention All Time Travelers

Are you trying to ruin our time travel fun with guidelines? πŸ˜‰

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• At least they're not Rules...

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Oh oh. Someone is asking for documentation or white paper for the "command". :w00t:

Gus, wipe that smile off you face! πŸ˜€

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I wonder if tomorrow's webcast: Top 10 SQL Server Backup Mistakes & How To Avoid Them will mention the newly revealed command? πŸ™‚

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (2/9/2010)

Oh oh. Someone is asking for documentation or white paper for the "command". :w00t:

surely that was asked tongue in cheek.

But if it wasn't, our work here is done. πŸ˜€

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh oh. Someone is asking for documentation or white paper for the "command". :w00t:

The white paper won't be published until next week but don't worry, there will be a copy on your desk yesterday. If you need a copy before then, you will need some potato peelings, a banana skin, and an empty coke can.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

(Desperately tries to attain a straight face. Giggle-loop kicks in.) πŸ˜›

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (2/9/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/9/2010)

I feel like slapping you and Steve sometimes when you're trying to be funny. You have the right avatar for that.

Alvin Ramard

GSquared (2/9/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/9/2010)

I feel like slapping you and Steve sometimes when you're trying to be funny. You have the right avatar for that.

You have my permission to slap my avatar as much as you like.... or did I misread that?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (2/9/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/9/2010)

GSquared (2/9/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/9/2010)

You have my permission to slap my avatar as much as you like.... or did I misread that?

You read that right. πŸ˜€

Alvin Ramard

• george sibbald (2/9/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/9/2010)

surely that was asked tongue in cheek.

But if it wasn't, our work here is done. πŸ˜€

No.

We've only just begun.

Learn Extended Events

• I guess it's time for me to start a personal black-list

• Lynn Pettis (2/9/2010)

I guess it's time for me to start a personal black-list

You won't hurt my feelings by doing so.

Alvin Ramard

• I agree, that one was over the top. Right at the top of the list for worst comments.

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 11,251 through 11,265 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply