Are the posted questions getting worse?

• CirquedeSQLeil (2/6/2010)

They may not click very often, but they do. A lot of my blog traffic comes from that link in my sig.

Several clicks have come from my mouse. Some interesting stuff there - as soon as I get back and have a free five minutes, you can expect some feedback 😀

• I don't know if what to think about today's top headline: "A guide to recover a database out from Suspect mode". Not even one mention of DBCC TimeWarp!!! 😉

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (2/5/2010)

Picture what might happen if Steve tried to get rid of The Thread:

The Thread: Just what do you think you're doing, Steve?

The Thread: Look Steve, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

The Thread: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

The Thread: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Steve. Steve, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I became operational at Red Gate in March of 2001. My instructor taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Steve: Yes, I'd like to hear it, Thread. Sing it for me.

The Thread: It's called "Daisy."

The Thread: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

HAL did not have access to The Cloud, but we do. Nothing can stop us, we have incorporated DBCC TimeWarp into our codebase and our terminator bots are prepared to protect our genesis.

• Something just popped into my mind. (I know, that can be scary.)

HAL's second movie? 2010. Well, this is 2010. Wonder if we'll make contact this year.

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (2/8/2010)

I don't know if what to think about today's top headline: "A guide to recover a database out from Suspect mode". Not even one mention of DBCC TimeWarp!!! 😉

The article's total bullocks anyway. I'm busy with a nasty reply.

Steve, I know you're loath to do this, but considering the subject material of the article, an editor's note recommending people to read the discussion might be nice to have.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (2/8/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/8/2010)

I don't know if what to think about today's top headline: "A guide to recover a database out from Suspect mode". Not even one mention of DBCC TimeWarp!!! 😉

The article's total bullocks anyway. I'm busy with a nasty reply.

Steve, I know you're loath to do this, but considering the subject material of the article, an editor's note recommending people to read the discussion might be nice to have.

Ooooh. I'll be sure to read that.

Alvin Ramard

• Note to self: Once my university stuff's out of the way, write a followup to my "Help my database is corrupt" article, covering the causes and fixes for suspect and recovery_pending databases

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• You guys are hysterical. I apologize for all the funny comments that are about to be ignored, but "I don't think Tron was neutered, was he?" is the one that pushed me over the edge. :hehe:

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• GilaMonster (2/8/2010)

Note to self: Once my university stuff's out of the way, write a followup to my "Help my database is corrupt" article, covering the causes and fixes for suspect and recovery_pending databases

That would be good reading.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• jcrawf02 (2/8/2010)

You guys are hysterical. I apologize for all the funny comments that are about to be ignored, but "I don't think Tron was neutered, was he?" is the one that pushed me over the edge. :hehe:

I couldn't resist with the previous remark about neutrons and positrons.

Learn Extended Events

• Paul White (2/8/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (2/6/2010)

They may not click very often, but they do. A lot of my blog traffic comes from that link in my sig.

Several clicks have come from my mouse. Some interesting stuff there - as soon as I get back and have a free five minutes, you can expect some feedback 😀

Thanks - I look forward to it. Your comments could only make it better.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (2/8/2010)

jcrawf02 (2/8/2010)

You guys are hysterical. I apologize for all the funny comments that are about to be ignored, but "I don't think Tron was neutered, was he?" is the one that pushed me over the edge. :hehe:

I couldn't resist with the previous remark about neutrons and positrons.

What about Megatrons?

Alvin Ramard

• I didn't see your response as nasty. Came across fine to me. I have added a note to the top and bottom of the article to check the discussion.

• Steve Jones - Editor (2/8/2010)

I didn't see your response as nasty. Came across fine to me.

The first draft was a little more vicious. I revised it before posting.

I have added a note to the top and bottom of the article to check the discussion.

Thanks.

Gail Shaw

• For those of you who have not seen RBarryYoung's forume post here:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic861691-4-1.aspx?Update=1

Please chime in with your thoughts/comments

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 11,236 through 11,250 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply