Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Alvin Ramard (2/17/2010)

GSquared (2/17/2010)

It's all part of The Thread's plot to take over the world. You may very well be the only defense we have left!

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

I will fight till my last breath. I will not allow THE THREAD take over the whole world...

-Roy

• GSquared (2/17/2010)

Well ... technically I'm not either, because mine's one of the Android phones ... but really, yeah, you're the last person left on the planet who doesn't use a smartphone of one sort or another. 🙂

Does it count for or against if I used to have a smart phone?

Nice HTC was victim of affirmative shopping last year.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (2/17/2010)

GSquared (2/17/2010)

Well ... technically I'm not either, because mine's one of the Android phones ... but really, yeah, you're the last person left on the planet who doesn't use a smartphone of one sort or another. 🙂

Does it count for or against if I used to have a smart phone?

Nice HTC was victim of affirmative shopping last year.

Yep. Means you've probably been infected.

Here's a self-test to determine if The Thread has taken over your mind:

1. Do obscure references to tents, deserts, or pork chops mean something to you and cause ocassional chuckling that you really can't explain to co-workers or family members?

2. Are the concepts of martial arts and databases inextricable connected for you?

3. Do you cringe when someone brings up the subject of handling corrupted databases?

4. When you come up with a new food recipe that you like, do you consider posting it on an SQL Server related web site?

5. Would you consider an SQL Server related web site an appropriate place to ask for a movie review?

6. Do you consider it acceptable/funny to use obscure SQL, Terminator, and/or Borg references, all in the same joke?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above, The Thread has already set up an account in your mind and elevated its rights.

If so, make sure your brain's firewall is set to block incoming connection on port 1433. And make sure you're patched up to the latest CU on the subject.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Roy Ernest (2/17/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/17/2010)

GSquared (2/17/2010)

It's all part of The Thread's plot to take over the world. You may very well be the only defense we have left!

I will fight till my last breath. I will not allow THE THREAD take over the whole world...

From Twitter: @BuckWoody: I am @SQLRockstarof Borg. Prepare to be asssimil-- ooh, look! Bacon!

😀

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Roy Ernest (2/17/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/17/2010)

GSquared (2/17/2010)

From Twitter: @BuckWoody: I am @SQLRockstarof Borg. Prepare to be asssimil-- ooh, look! Bacon!

😀

Must be Canadian, eh?

• Anybody want to chime in on this one?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (2/17/2010)

Anybody want to chime in on this one?

Why would anybody question doing something so simple????

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Has anyone noticed the success/failure rate on the QOD today?

74% incorrect for Paul Randal's question on Checksum. Numbers are similar to his question the other day.

Learn Extended Events

CirquedeSQLeil (2/17/2010)

1 good reason is a lack of confidence. Did you notice the answers?

Learn Extended Events

• Lynn Pettis (2/17/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/17/2010)

Roy Ernest (2/17/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/17/2010)

GSquared (2/17/2010)

😀

Must be Canadian, eh?

I'm the only Canadian content involved in that one.

Alvin Ramard

Alvin Ramard (2/17/2010)

1 good reason is a lack of confidence. Did you notice the answers?

I read them all. Didn't see much worth discussing.

Alvin Ramard

Has anyone noticed the success/failure rate on the QOD today?

74% incorrect for Paul Randal's question on Checksum. Numbers are similar to his question the other day.

The Correct% always jumps way up on the next working day after. See if you can guess why ... 😀

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• RBarryYoung (2/17/2010)

The Correct% always jumps way up on the next working day after. See if you can guess why ... 😀

hmm, why? Because some people aren't smart enough to cheat on the same day? 😀

Alvin Ramard

• Amazing how that happens. Paul has the answers in a blog on his site. One just has to look.

It is also something that I found interesting with the simple question I posted on 12/21. I was surprised that people missed it.

Learn Extended Events

RBarryYoung (2/17/2010)

hmm, why? Because some people aren't smart enough to cheat on the same day? 😀

Heh. Basically, yeah. The daily newsletter always has the previous days answer. After it goes out correct hits suddenly spike. I noticed it the first time the one time I had a QOD. First day Correct% was about 30% at midnight, by the middle of the next day it was over 70%. Hmm, those second day answerers sure are smart. ... 🙂

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

Viewing 15 posts - 11,671 through 11,685 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply