Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Alvin Ramard (2/17/2010)

Twitter certainly is entertaining today.

Sheep, goats, and wet suits. Definitely interesting...

• CirquedeSQLeil (2/17/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/17/2010)

Thanks Alvin - I would like to see what is going on - but twitter is blocked by websense.

I catch it on my crackberry...

• I think I am the only one who does not use a Blackberry or an Iphone... 😀

-Roy

• Lynn Pettis (2/17/2010)

Shoot-Ready-Aim must work in a perfect environment where the right people always know when things go wrong and communication actually works the way it should.

and DBAs know everything so that they never have to look anything up no matter what happens.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Lynn Pettis (2/17/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (2/17/2010)

Alvin Ramard (2/17/2010)

Thanks Alvin - I would like to see what is going on - but twitter is blocked by websense.

I catch it on my crackberry...

I have it here at work. I'm surrounded by traders that make use of social networks.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Which app is best suited for the crackberry and twitter?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• GilaMonster (2/17/2010)

Lynn Pettis (2/17/2010)

Shoot-Ready-Aim must work in a perfect environment where the right people always know when things go wrong and communication actually works the way it should.

and DBAs know everything so that they never have to look anything up no matter what happens.

(lol) Which is why the first thing I do after opening up SSMS is to open up BOL. BOL is my friend, and so is SSC!

• CirquedeSQLeil (2/17/2010)

Which app is best suited for the crackberry and twitter?

I think the MVPs were talking about Critter this morning. 😀 😛 :hehe:

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Roy Ernest (2/17/2010)

I think I am the only one who does not use a Blackberry or an Iphone... 😀

Nope. My phone would be more comfortable last millenium. Monotone screen, no bluetooth, 64 MB of memory (total).

It make phonecalls well. Doesn't do much of anything else.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Roy Ernest (2/17/2010)

No you aren't. I don't have one, just a regular phone.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (2/17/2010)

Roy Ernest (2/17/2010)

No you aren't. I don't have one, just a regular phone.

If phone (not an iPhone or Blackberry) sits tucked away in the kitchen cupboard and only comes out only to get charged up, does that count?

I'm actually glad that it doesn't work on the lakes I fish most often - perfect excuse to forget it at home.:-P

Greg E

• Roy Ernest (2/17/2010)

Well ... technically I'm not either, because mine's one of the Android phones ... but really, yeah, you're the last person left on the planet who doesn't use a smartphone of one sort or another. 🙂

It's all part of The Thread's plot to take over the world. You may very well be the only defense we have left!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (2/17/2010)

Roy Ernest (2/17/2010)

Well ... technically I'm not either, because mine's one of the Android phones ... but really, yeah, you're the last person left on the planet who doesn't use a smartphone of one sort or another. 🙂

It's all part of The Thread's plot to take over the world. You may very well be the only defense we have left!

Well ... technically I'm not either, because mine's one is a Windows Mobile phones ... but really, yeah, you're the last person left on the planet who doesn't use a smartphone of one sort or another.

Alvin Ramard

• GSquared (2/17/2010)

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Alvin Ramard

• I'll square away points at some point. There is some weird, multi-part system where the developers sync things up periodically. I need to try and dig through how it works for times like this.

Any missing posts are likely things that were added since the last full (midnight).

Viewing 15 posts - 11,656 through 11,670 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply