Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Paul - good article.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/1/2010)

Feet were created to kick balls.

And I thought they were for kicking a$$ πŸ˜›

Go figure :rolleyes:

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

Paul - good article.

Thanks Jason. I think it's pretty much ready for publication now, just waiting for the last couple of reviews to come in (hint hint).

Feet were created to kick balls.

No disagreement here.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Paul White (3/2/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (3/1/2010)

Paul - good article.

Thanks Jason. I think it's pretty much ready for publication now, just waiting for the last couple of reviews to come in (hint hint).

Hey Paul, guilty as charged. It's going to be thursday evening before I can give the article the time it deserves. Reading it on the train into work yesterday, the impression I have is of a thoroughly researched and well-understood piece of rock-solid technical work written in a lucid and easily digestible format for an eager audience.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Chris Morris-439714 (3/2/2010)

Hey Paul, guilty as charged. It's going to be thursday evening before I can give the article the time it deserves. Reading it on the train into work yesterday, the impression I have is of a thoroughly researched and well-understood piece of rock-solid technical work written in a lucid and easily digestible format for an eager audience.

Were you drunk at the time? πŸ˜› :laugh: πŸ˜‰

• Paul White (3/2/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (3/2/2010)

Were you drunk at the time? πŸ˜› :laugh: πŸ˜‰

Not at 7.40am no, but I will be when the beer you promised turns up πŸ˜›

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• If you're giving away beers.....we could use a few here at the ranch. πŸ˜›

Ha! Has it been chilly in H€ll recently then?

On a serious note, I'm happy with that as a review for the Sequence Table, given the detailed feedback from others already...the article on APPLY is ready too - would you prefer to review that on Thursday evening? I'm just looking to make best use of the time you have available. πŸ™‚

Paul

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/2/2010)

If you're giving away beers.....we could use a few here at the ranch. πŸ˜›

Always happy to provide free beer for the esteemed denizens of SSC. It'll be waiting on the bar at the Hummer any time you're all ready. Just mail me from there when you're ready - it's two minutes walk for me :laugh:

• Paul White (3/2/2010)

Ha! Has it been chilly in H€ll recently then?

On a serious note, I'm happy with that as a review for the Sequence Table, given the detailed feedback from others already...the article on APPLY is ready too - would you prefer to review that on Thursday evening? I'm just looking to make best use of the time you have available. πŸ™‚

Paul

Chortle - tight git!

Sure thing, an article on CROSS APPLY would be perfick, send it over. Is this the APPLY that has an automagical cardinality alignment effect or the regular one? Don't answer that :blush:

Sure thing, an article on CROSS APPLY would be perfick, send it over. Is this the APPLY that has an automagical cardinality alignment effect or the regular one? Don't answer that :blush:

Sent. Thanks!

• Paul White (3/2/2010)

Sent. Thanks!

You're welcome. This one's a cracker too. Do you mind if I pass it to a colleague here? And if that is ok with you, what are the restrictions?

You're welcome. This one's a cracker too. Do you mind if I pass it to a colleague here? And if that is ok with you, what are the restrictions?

I'm kinda in two minds about this - I hope you can appreciate why.

On the one hand, I'm very flattered that you think it's worth passing on.

On the other hand, it should be published here soon, and it was just a copy for review really. I guess I think it'd be nice if your colleague saw it on SSC first maybe?

Am I being unreasonable?

Paul

• Paul White (3/2/2010)

I'm kinda in two minds about this - I hope you can appreciate why.

On the one hand, I'm very flattered that you think it's worth passing on.

On the other hand, it should be published here soon, and it was just a copy for review really. I guess I think it'd be nice if your colleague saw it on SSC first maybe?

Am I being unreasonable?

Paul

Having thought about it...yes, you're absolutely right Paul and I apologise for putting you on the spot there. You beat me to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 12,151 through 12,165 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply