Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Chris Morris-439714 (3/2/2010)

Having thought about it...yes, you're absolutely right Paul and I apologise for putting you on the spot there. You beat me to it.

No worries, I'm relieved you see it that way!

• "How about them Bears?" πŸ™‚

Is it just me, or are the posters who appear to be the students, the ones who have the nerve to post their homework here, the worst offenders when it comes to rudeness and unwillingness to cooperate?

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Just thinking about the broad homework question issue. Maybe we need to start a movement to get as many SQL instructors as possible to join SSC and check the forums regularly.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Is it just me, or are the posters who appear to be the students, the ones who have the nerve to post their homework here, the worst offenders when it comes to rudeness and unwillingness to cooperate?

Do you have a particular thread in mind?

• Paul White (3/2/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (3/2/2010)

Do you have a particular thread in mind?

I agree, curious I am.

• Lynn Pettis (3/2/2010)

I agree, curious I am.

I sense a dog-pile* coming on.

* Did I use that phrase correctly?

• Paul White (3/2/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/2/2010)

I agree, curious I am.

Woot

Yes, phrase was used correctly.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Paul White (3/2/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/2/2010)

I agree, curious I am.

Maybe, on the dog-pile. Really depends on the thread and how the OP is/has responded.

"How about them Bears?" πŸ™‚

Da Bears

As for the posters, they are under stress because it is midterms after all.

Learn Extended Events

• What I get tired of are the OP's that think they need to post the same question multiple times in different forums.

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/2/2010)

Da Bears

Ok, so I think I get the dog-pile thing, but Bears???

• Lynn Pettis (3/2/2010)

What I get tired of are the OP's that think they need to post the same question multiple times in different forums.

That is moderately irritating, yes.

• Not really. It's this one which got me thinking about it, because the data looks very familiar and also because the OP doesn't appear to know what he/she's doing and more importantly why. There was loads of scope for improvement but she/he declared that a solution had been found and scarpered.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/2/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (3/2/2010)

"How about them Bears?" πŸ™‚

Da Bears

As for the posters, they are under stress because it is midterms after all.

maximum exposure they seek

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Paul White (3/2/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (3/2/2010)

Da Bears

Ok, so I think I get the dog-pile thing, but Bears???

NFL Football team

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 12,166 through 12,180 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply