Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (3/9/2010)

Well, time for me to get ready to leave. I have another high school soccer game to officiate. I hope this one is better than the 10 - 0 blow out yesterday by a JV team over a Varsity team.

Chow. Good luck.

We'll zip up the tent when we leave.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I think someone has me confused with someone else here.

• I thought I would throw my two cents in on this one since I beleive I have likely asked a question in the past that seemed obvious to many. I for my part being new to SQL about 2 years ago had a lot to learn about where was a good source of information. I would often do a google search for something small and get many conflicting answers. I would ask these questions of the forum at first largely becuase I simply did not know were to look. It is one of the many anomalies we find in the Cyber world. We are not willing to trust a white paper from an anonymous author but we often find it very easy to trust completely an anonymous post in a forum.

Dan

If only I could snap my figures and have all the correct indexes apear and the buffer clean and.... Start day dream here.

• Alvin Ramard (3/9/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/9/2010)

Well, time for me to get ready to leave. I have another high school soccer game to officiate. I hope this one is better than the 10 - 0 blow out yesterday by a JV team over a Varsity team.

Chow. Good luck.

We'll zip up the tent when we leave.

Maybe you need to change your name on here to Mr Lynn Pettis

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Maybe change it to Dr. Lynn Pettis. 😎

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/9/2010)

Maybe change it to Dr. Lynn Pettis. 😎

Dr. Lynn Pettis, MVP ?

Alvin Ramard

• But don't change it to:

John Dingledangle, BSc, Msc, PhD

(Old joke)

Alvin Ramard

CirquedeSQLeil (3/9/2010)

Dr. Lynn Pettis, MVP ?

Maybe Dr. Lynn Pettis, MCP (master control program) :Whistling:

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/9/2010)

Alvin Ramard (3/9/2010)

Dr. Lynn Pettis, MVP ?

Maybe Dr. Lynn Pettis, MCP (master control program) :Whistling:

NO, Master Control Pettis!! 😀

Sorry Lynn

Alvin Ramard

• St. Lynn, OTD (Owner of the Tent in the Desert), HHG (Hula-Hippo-Guard)

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• Dan.Humphries (3/9/2010)

I thought I would throw my two cents in on this one since I beleive I have likely asked a question in the past that seemed obvious to many. I for my part being new to SQL about 2 years ago had a lot to learn about where was a good source of information. I would often do a google search for something small and get many conflicting answers. I would ask these questions of the forum at first largely becuase I simply did not know were to look. It is one of the many anomalies we find in the Cyber world. We are not willing to trust a white paper from an anonymous author but we often find it very easy to trust completely an anonymous post in a forum.

Well said and I agree with everything except the trust part... I found an easy way to keep from getting burned either by white papers or forums. Remember that Nixon would always say "Trust... but verify"? Heh... yeah... I'm all done with the "trust" part of that. For all that the internet has become, it's still just a well paved on-ramp to a dirt road. Watch for pot holes and nails. 🙂

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

Dr. Lynn Pettis, MVP ?

Sincerely doubt both Dr and MVP. Checked into the Doctorate Program at Colorado Technical University, $60,000. As for MVP, just doubt it at the moment. If I had been nominated, haven't heard a thing, so not holding my breathe on that one.

However, I appreciate the sentiment, thank you! :smooooth:

• This OP does not want to fix the error... 🙂

And this is my 2000th post... 🙂

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (3/10/2010)

This OP does not want to fix the error... 🙂

Bizarre. I won't be contributing...;-)

Roy Ernest (3/10/2010)

And this is my 2000th post... 🙂

Congrats. You are now officially crazy.

• lol.. Thanks Paul. And thanks for confirming that I am Crazy.. I am known as "The crazy DBA" at my work place... 🙂

-Roy

Viewing 15 posts - 12,376 through 12,390 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply