Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Gianluca Sartori (3/12/2010)

I see you put the winter avatar on. 😛

Jason called me Paulpatine on a thread earlier, and it made me miss it 🙂

Totally different topic: who's going to the European PASS Conference[/url]?

It's too long, too far and too expensive for me, but it would be interesting to know how the bookings are going.

I'll be in Duisburg during that Conference, which is some 45Km away from Neuss, but it is expensive for me too. 🙁

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• I won't be at the PASS Conference, but Brad will go to represent Red Gate. I go to the UK next weekend and no desire for another long flight in April.

However if you want to come to the US PASS Conference.......I'll be there.

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/12/2010)

I won't be at the PASS Conference, but Brad will go to represent Red Gate. I go to the UK next weekend and no desire for another long flight in April.

However if you want to come to the US PASS Conference.......I'll be there.

I might be wrong, but I don't see the same interest in Europe for conferences such as the PASS Summit compared to the great enthousiasm around the US Conference.

Obviously, if I can't afford paying for the European Summit, I can't afford the US Summit either.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Lynn Pettis (3/9/2010)

I think someone has me confused with someone else here.

It's the light-sabers, you're both using green on the left side. I get them mixed up all the time too... 😛

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• I think it's a cultural issue. There is a different kind of excitement at the US conferences from what I've heard.

You can always submit to speak. I know that doesn't cover airfare/hotel, but maybe you can work out some partial coverage with your boss. Or you can enter the Exceptional DBA contest and win a trip!

• RBarryYoung (3/12/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/9/2010)

I think someone has me confused with someone else here.

It's the light-sabers, you're both using green on the left side. I get them mixed up all the time too... 😛

Well, looking at the name only, confusion is possible.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/12/2010)

I think it's a cultural issue. There is a different kind of excitement at the US conferences from what I've heard.

You can always submit to speak. I know that doesn't cover airfare/hotel, but maybe you can work out some partial coverage with your boss. Or you can enter the Exceptional DBA contest and win a trip!

That would be funny! I was officially nominated DBA two weeks ago, it's a bit early to enter a competition and pretend that I'm "exceptional"! 😛

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Luke L (3/11/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (3/11/2010)

Jeff has quietly passed the 20,000 pt mark. No fanfare???

Congrats Jeff.

Congrats Jeff! I wonder how long it be 'til he catches Steve?

Cheers,

-Luke.

Haha! You don't know Luke? Jeff has been chasing Steve for at least two years now, but he always seems to be about 3000 points away. :w00t:

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• Paul White (3/12/2010)

GilaMonster (3/12/2010)

and how fast time flies.

Tell me about it. How can summer be over already? 🙁

Freak storm over here this afternoon - roofs ripped off, trees knocked over etc.

The temperature dropped from 22°C to 10°C in ten minutes.

Made the news, it did.

Dude, summer was over like 5 months ago! 😀

[/font]

Steve Jones - Editor (3/12/2010)

I think it's a cultural issue. There is a different kind of excitement at the US conferences from what I've heard.

That would be funny! I was officially nominated DBA two weeks ago, it's a bit early to enter a competition and pretend that I'm "exceptional"! 😛

that's what happens when you're chasing the guy in charge of the point totals---oops!:hehe:

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Oh, and Congrats Jeff! Some day I may even have half as many points as you! 😛

[/font]

Considering some of the entries we had last year, maybe not....

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • jcrawf02 (3/12/2010)

Gianluca Sartori (3/12/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (3/12/2010)

that's what happens when you're chasing the guy in charge of the point totals---oops!:hehe:

I guess you quoted the wrong post, John. It took me some minutes to figure out what your reply was referred to! 🙂

-- Gianluca Sartori

• jcrawf02 (3/12/2010)

That was EXACTLY my thought too. Update AuthorPostCount SET Posts = Jeff+3000 WHERE Username = 'Steve Jones - Editor'. Schedule it to run once per hour and you're done. Naw - Steve would never do such a thing...

Chad

Viewing 15 posts - 12,481 through 12,495 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply