Are the posted questions getting worse?

• [font="Comic Sans MS"]Party at the Tent in the Desert. The Hippo has been alerted that guests will be arriving.[/font]

This post is number 10,001

• He Lynn, congrats on number 10001. It is even a palindrome!

Just a quick one, in which desert is your tent located?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Well done Lynn

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Isn't Bob's/Dixie's article an excellent read today?

Shame about some of the layout, but hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Most enjoyable.

• Paul White (3/16/2010)

Isn't Bob's/Dixie's article an excellent read today?

Most enjoyable.

It's nice when an exceptional article comes out. I enjoy most of the articles because, even with the less polished and incorrect ones, I usually learn something in the discussion.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Paul White (3/16/2010)

Isn't Bob's/Dixie's article an excellent read today?

Most enjoyable.

Not going to comment on the layout of the article, I read it on my Blackberry. It was an excellent article and hopefully should help newbies understand why we say "It Depends" as often as we do.

Great article, Bob.

• Yeah, it was absolutely top notch. Too bad he didn't write it for the Standard. I would have paid more. 😀

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Seems like a busy evening yesterday... 🙂 I missed all the action.. 🙂

-Roy

• GilaMonster (3/15/2010)

For some people I'd like some way to reach through the net and apply object to side of head.

I always wanted something like that for my car. Nothing to dent or scratch some fool's car but to get their attention when they pull some crazy stunt. I was thinking like a boxing glove on some sort of spring-loaded appartus that I can push a button, it would strike the offender's car, just to wake his butt up! Too many folks with their head in the clouds, oblivous to what may be going on around them.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• tosscrosby-60625 (3/16/2010)

GilaMonster (3/15/2010)

For some people I'd like some way to reach through the net and apply object to side of head.

I always wanted something like that for my car. Nothing to dent or scratch some fool's car but to get their attention when they pull some crazy stunt. I was thinking like a boxing glove on some sort of spring-loaded appartus that I can push a button, it would strike the offender's car, just to wake his butt up! Too many folks with their head in the clouds, oblivous to what may be going on around them.

Heh, and to think that's what I thought the horn was for 😉

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Lynn Pettis (3/16/2010)

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Party at the Tent in the Desert. The Hippo has been alerted that guests will be arriving.[/font]

This post is number 10,001

Congratulations Master Lynn!!!

See ya in the tent later. Mesa be back a shortly.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (3/16/2010)

Mesa be back a shortly.

No, please not!

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Grant Fritchey (3/16/2010)

Yeah, it was absolutely top notch. Too bad he didn't write it for the Standard. I would have paid more. 😀

Talk to him. I think he might be contemplating more articles.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Grant Fritchey (3/16/2010)

Yeah, it was absolutely top notch. Too bad he didn't write it for the Standard. I would have paid more. 😀

$500!!!

But, you must:

• Have 5 years professional experience as a developer, DBA, report writer, database developer, or some other technical or functional area
  • Have been published formally as a writer (excludes blogs) on any of the SQL community sites (content will be reviewed as part of the abstract acceptance process) or have written a book that has gone through a technical/copy review process
  • Be a member of the Professional Association of SQL Server and have a profile on PASSPort
  • I meet exactly one of those criteria, don't know about Bob.

• I got my $500 yesterday. If I can write an article there, anyone here can write it for sure. 🙂

-Roy

• Viewing 15 posts - 12,736 through 12,750 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply