Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Roy Ernest (3/16/2010)

I got my $500 yesterday. If I can write an article there, anyone here can write it for sure. 🙂

Is there a publicly-accessible link to it?

• It has not been published yet... I am not sure when it will get published. Maybe in couple of months since there might be others in the queue... 🙂

-Roy

• Anybody want to write an article on DBCC TimeWarp for April 1st? 😀

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Paul White (3/16/2010)

Grant Fritchey (3/16/2010)

Yeah, it was absolutely top notch. Too bad he didn't write it for the Standard. I would have paid more. 😀

$500!!!

But, you must:

• Have 5 years professional experience as a developer, DBA, report writer, database developer, or some other technical or functional area
  • Have been published formally as a writer (excludes blogs) on any of the SQL community sites (content will be reviewed as part of the abstract acceptance process) or have written a book that has gone through a technical/copy review process
  • Be a member of the Professional Association of SQL Server and have a profile on PASSPort
  • I meet exactly one of those criteria, don't know about Bob.

Or, any other white paper type publications that go through a technical review such as Microsoft white papers, or some of those from Quest.

But yeah, we're still only accepting articles from reasonably established articles. But getting three articles up on SQL Server Central isn't exactly an impossibly high hurdle. Heck, I've done it.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Meaning that we're not discriminating?

Actually we're not. We try to get a wide variety of opinions and styles. Happy to get some people writing from the Standard after a few published here.

• Congrats, Lynn! Well earned and thanks for the support.

• Thanks for the information, Grant.

I am suddenly more motivated.

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/16/2010)

Meaning that we're not discriminating?

Actually we're not. We try to get a wide variety of opinions and styles. Happy to get some people writing from the Standard after a few published here.

I've pointed a bunch of people over here. I'll actually be disappointed if you haven't received at least one new article or author out of all the ones that I've told to get in touch with you.

No, you're not that discriminating, but everyone who hangs out here sure is, and it works out the same way. It's like a free tech review from some of the best in the business (and just as painful). I need to write more for here too. I need to write more, period. Too much time doing other stuff.

As Wellington said (although, he never did), the wars against Napoleon were won on the playing fields of Eton. This is Eton.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Paul White (3/16/2010)

Thanks for the information, Grant.

I am suddenly more motivated.

Paul, it was a great experience for me. 🙂 It is a good challenge. It made me learn more about the topic I was writing about.

And the $$$ is pretty good as well. 🙂

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (3/16/2010)

It is a good challenge. It made me learn more about the topic I was writing about.

I imagine so. Well done!

• All my articles were published here. 🙂 This place was my stepping stone. My first article was not good I would say. But after that I was able to raise my bar a bit higher every time.

TBH, I send one article for publishing in another site and they did not even acknowledge it for nearly a month. I pulled it out of there. Afterwords it has always been here. 🙂

EDIT : Spelling

-Roy

• Grant Fritchey (3/16/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (3/15/2010)

george sibbald (3/15/2010)

sorry Alvin, have to agree with Gail, jarjar has to be the most annoying character ever created in any film. Made my flesh crawl.

Always amazed me how it got past the censors.

I am one of the few that actually likes JarJar.

Yes, and you should immediately apologize and then seek counseling.

Nah, counseling just screws you up worse.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Lynn Pettis (3/16/2010)

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Party at the Tent in the Desert. The Hippo has been alerted that guests will be arriving.[/font]

This post is number 10,001

Congrats

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Mesa needs to watch more Jar Jar Bing before I writa my first article, eh. 😛

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/16/2010)

Grant Fritchey (3/16/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (3/15/2010)

george sibbald (3/15/2010)

sorry Alvin, have to agree with Gail, jarjar has to be the most annoying character ever created in any film. Made my flesh crawl.

Always amazed me how it got past the censors.

I am one of the few that actually likes JarJar.

Yes, and you should immediately apologize and then seek counseling.

Nah, counseling just screws you up worse.

No argument.

Viewing 15 posts - 12,751 through 12,765 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply