• Grant Fritchey (3/18/2010)

Alvin Ramard (3/18/2010)

You wanna different language? Ok, mesa know one. 🙂

Down that path lies a world of pain.

I thought we liked pain

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Paul White (3/18/2010)

I'm going for a short break to prevent pork-chop Armageddon.

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost885514.aspx

I heard the tent is open.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/18/2010)

I heard the tent is open.

I don't go to the desert. I make phone calls to people that like to hurt other people :w00t:

• That discussion could turn out to be a great teaching moment. It's a good debate, and the chance to both help the OP as well as see if you can turn someone that perhaps doesn't quite understand what they are implying. Those are the discussions I like.

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/18/2010)

That discussion could turn out to be a great teaching moment. It's a good debate, and the chance to both help the OP as well as see if you can turn someone that perhaps doesn't quite understand what they are implying. Those are the discussions I like.

Which discussion?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• hahahaha... Thanks Jason. I am going to detox... 🙂 I will barely get online...:-)

-Roy

• BTW, someone pinged me about a GTR posting bad info and causing trouble. Anyone have complaints, or are these other teaching moments?

• Steve Jones - Editor (3/18/2010)

BTW, someone pinged me about a GTR posting bad info and causing trouble. Anyone have complaints, or are these other teaching moments?

Teaching moments mostly. Teeth-grindingly frustrating teaching moments at times, but still. He has certainly posted more than his fair share of poor advice...

• It's only teaching if the other person is willing to learn. At the moment he doesn't appear to be. Same person who spent 4 pages justifying why posting a solution without knowing the details of the problem was the right thing to do. Think he even dropped in here.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Can somebody tweet this one out? (blocked at work now - grr!) I had this search saved, and it gives you lots of good stuff (just created it, so empty at the moment, but it'll fill up fast):

http://www.twapperkeeper.com/keyword/free%20sql

thanks in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• GilaMonster (3/18/2010)

Think he even dropped in here.

He did, yes. I remember it because I think I was one of only a very few that wasn't involved on the 4-page justification thread you mentioned. And I agree he does not appear to be learning much.

• New record today: four emails (not PMs) asking me to help with unrelated problems off-thread. May be time to take that off I guess.

• GilaMonster (3/18/2010)

It's only teaching if the other person is willing to learn. At the moment he doesn't appear to be. Same person who spent 4 pages justifying why posting a solution without knowing the details of the problem was the right thing to do. Think he even dropped in here.

Yes he did - for a bit to continue the same argument.

Learn Extended Events

• Paul White (3/18/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (3/18/2010)

BTW, someone pinged me about a GTR posting bad info and causing trouble. Anyone have complaints, or are these other teaching moments?

Teaching moments mostly. Teeth-grindingly frustrating teaching moments at times, but still. He has certainly posted more than his fair share of poor advice...

I think there is a combination of teaching moments mixed with unteachable moments.

I do think that he has changed somewhat over the last month or so.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/18/2010)

I do think that he has changed somewhat over the last month or so.

Interesting. I thought that a while back, but just recently I've been in a number of threads that changed my mind again. Real basic stuff too.

Viewing 15 posts - 12,916 through 12,930 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply