Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Trey Staker (4/28/2010)

I get how the points are calculated on SSC but how are visits calculated?

I think it got something with the "DBCC Timewarp" but I leave this to more competent ppl on this board 😀

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• D.Oc (4/28/2010)

Trey Staker (4/28/2010)

I think it got something with the "DBCC Timewarp" but I leave this to more competent ppl on this board 😀

It's all about the timewarp!!!

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Trey Staker (4/28/2010)

The simplest way of getting a visit count is to count the number of times the site has to create a session cookie for you.

There are other methods (such as count the number of entries where the referring object is not part of the site) but SQLServer Central seems to be well designed so probably doesn't use nonsense like that.

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (4/28/2010)

Trey Staker (4/28/2010)

The simplest way of getting a visit count is to count the number of times the site has to create a session cookie for you.

There are other methods (such as count the number of entries where the referring object is not part of the site) by SQLServer Central seems to be well designed so probably doesn't use nonsense like that.

Thus, don't ever log out and your visit will stay low (so long as the cookie doesn't expire).

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (4/28/2010)

Thus, don't ever log out and your visit will stay low (so long as the cookie doesn't expire).

That's right.

And you got in fast there Jason, before I corrected my typo ("by" for "but"). But that's mostly O2's fault - intermittent connection only - I've been back in the UK for 23 hours now and I don't know which I hate most: the weather or my UK ISP!

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (4/28/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (4/28/2010)

That's right.

And you got in fast there Jason, before I corrected my typo ("by" for "but"). But that's mostly O2's fault - intermittent connection only - I've been back in the UK for 23 hours now and I don't know which I hate most: the weather or my UK ISP!

Hate the ISP - it's always their fault:-D

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (4/28/2010)

Tom.Thomson (4/28/2010)

That's right.

Nah, it's the database.:-D

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• ISP = Insane SQL Posse ??

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Hate the UK. It's not the US 😉

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/28/2010)

Hate the UK. It's not the US 😉

LOL

Learn Extended Events

• And the school work continues.

Hate the US. It's U/S.;-)

Tom

• Jack Corbett (4/28/2010)

Tom.Thomson (4/28/2010)

That's right.

Nah, it's the database.:-D

Yep. It's always the database. Default Blame Acceptor. That's our job.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

We can't hate the UK. They have really good beer.... Let's blame France instead. Their beer sucks.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Lynn Pettis (4/28/2010)

And the school work continues.

That time of year, final papers/projects due. Cheap, easy way out. Pity the poor company who sees a degreed young person and makes him/her/it? their next DBA! And I am not besmirching all young folks, just the lazy ones.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

Viewing 15 posts - 14,896 through 14,910 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply