Fantasy football 2013

• I won, even with a few poeple on byes.

This week is predicted to be tight. I feel like Dalton plays better than Newton, but with the matchups, and the collapse of ATL, I'm thinking I'm OK.

• Well it looks like Ray and I will have quite an interest in Green Bay running backs tonight. Good think Hilton came in and saved my bacon or else the Engineers might have run away with this matchup!

• roryp 96873 (11/4/2013)

Well it looks like Ray and I will have quite an interest in Green Bay running backs tonight. Good think Hilton came in and saved my bacon or else the Engineers might have run away with this matchup!

Yeah, and after Andrew Luck's performance in the first half last night, I was getting worried! At least now I have a fighting chance!

May the better Green Bay running back (preferably mine!) win tonight!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• I really have run out of things to say!

Rodders...

• rodjkidd (11/4/2013)

I really have run out of things to say!

Rodders...

I was following your matchup. I was really rooting for you to pull that one out!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/31/2013)

I'm thinking I'm OK.

I'm thinking possibly not 😀

Not sure where that score came from but I'll definitely take it, and I had a 29.8 RB on the bench. Looks like everyone came good on the same night. :w00t:

• Ray K (11/4/2013)

rodjkidd (11/4/2013)

I really have run out of things to say!

Rodders...

I was following your matchup. I was really rooting for you to pull that one out!

Thanks I thought I had that one. But Ray Rice didn't happen this week, or so it seems.

Anyone was 1 and 9 for next week?

Rodders...

• SequelSurfer (11/4/2013)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/31/2013)

I'm thinking I'm OK.

I'm thinking possibly not 😀

Not sure where that score came from but I'll definitely take it, and I had a 29.8 RB on the bench. Looks like everyone came good on the same night. :w00t:

Yeah, that was strange. Had some good performances and still lots.

Oh well.

• Just seen the games for this week, facing Ditka, the number one ranked team, the week after running up a megascore is just asking for trouble. It might look close on paper but I'm not so sure...

• Well even after my switches I'll needs miracle not to lose another one 🙂

Currently mulling over Steve's trade request.

Rodders...

• rodjkidd (11/7/2013)

Well even after my switches I'll needs miracle not to lose another one 🙂

Currently mulling over Steve's trade request.

Rodders...

Don't worry, I think I've only hit my projected totals once or twice so far this year. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of my guys get hurt in the 1st quarter of the game and you sail to an easy victory. I haven't had a QB throw for a TD since week 3!!! I am just fortunate I have run into some lucky matchups most weeks.

• Update those lineups, it's Thursday night!

Matchups:

SSC Steelers (5-4) vs NFLSoldiers (5-4)

This has playoff implications all over it. With the Cowboys getting pummelled last week, the Steelers capture second in the 'Simple' division, hoping that the Surfer duplicates his 167 point effort again and takes Ditka out. The NFLSoldiers need a TE and big output from a suspect RB core.

SELECT Wins INTO (6-3) vs Old Cattonians (0-9)

Rodders can't go 0-10, can he? He's hoping that Rory's QB TD-less streak continues and that the Redskins score in bunches (like NFLSoldier). Rory is solid up and down the lineup and is a big Eli fan this week.

Way0utWest Cowboys (5-4) vs Truncate Y'all (6-3)

Probably this week's top matchup, both are battling to stay relevant. Mitch is relying on a questionable Roddy White to get him through a week with lots of BYEs. He's also banking on Dalton throwing every pass to A.J. Green. Steve will have none of that and will be hoping Peyton chucks everything to Decker. Both have shaky RB2 issues.

Select * (4-5) vs SQL Bolts (4-5)

With key losses and a win, both of these teams could vie for playoff positions. On paper, our reigning champion is weak, but to quote him "On any give Sunday" (http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic1315995-61-23.aspx). The Seattle D may score enough points to win the week by itself. Mark has horses in Brees and Peterson...the nod goes to Select *.

British Bulldogs (4-5) vs Ditka (7-2)

With the unexpected rise of Kendall Wright, Ditka doesn't have a soft spot. The Surfer could care less, sporting a 69 point margin of victory last week and a solid lineup himself (if Mike Wallace finally has his breakout game). This certainly could be decided Monday night. The Bulldogs could pull into first place with a victory...Ditka would shrug off a loss as a bad week.

Mexicanos (5-4) vs Orange Engineers (3-6)

With the lesser record, Ray is projected to put up solid numbers. His slide to the bottom of the division could be stopped but there's a lot of ground to make up. Gerardo loves Roethisbizzle against the Bills and needs a big game from Marshall. Could be rough with Cutler out. Ray is rooting for Roethisbizzle too, by throwing everything towards Antonio Brown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • I got "whalloped" by the Soldiers...1.2 points. Fantasy football makes me bald.

Interestingly enough, for the top five point getters, only two have winning records:

Ditka (7-2) 1141.64

Select * (5-5) 1046.36

SSC Steelers (5-5) 1038.34

Truncate Y'all (7-3) 1031.90

Orange Engineers (4-6) 972.00

Ditka is scoring ~10 more points per week than his closest rivals. Someone tell him that Jay Cutler is hurt!

• SQLDCH (11/12/2013)

I got "whalloped" by the Soldiers...1.2 points. Fantasy football makes me bald.

Interestingly enough, for the top five point getters, only two have winning records:

Ditka (7-2) 1141.64

Select * (5-5) 1046.36

SSC Steelers (5-5) 1038.34

Truncate Y'all (7-3) 1031.90

Orange Engineers (4-6) 972.00

Ditka is scoring ~10 more points per week than his closest rivals. Someone tell him that Jay Cutler is hurt!

I propose a new rule. Ditka has to play shorthanded 2 players this week to get his average back down near the rest of us. No need to look at who he is up against this week. 😀

• Ok with me =)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply